It’s coming… One of the most brutal and muddiest challenges in the world, The 2011 Tough Mudder in Tampa, Florida. For two days in 2011, December 3rd and 4th, 14,000 of the toughest mudders around will come to compete in what is being called the toughest event on the planet. The event is 12 miles long scattered with 21 obstacles along the way. The average time it takes to complete this challenge is 2 ½ hours. Designed by British Special Forces, the obstacles in this course are what gives Tough Mudder its’ bold reputation around the globe. This event is not for the faint of heart, or unfit.
If you feel bold enough to take on the 2011 Tough Mudder challenge, get your team together, get creative with your costumes and make sure you have plenty of training under your belts! This year’s obstacles are listed as follows:
- Steeplechase – Vault over equine obstacles. Mud, water and who knows what else lies on the other side.
- Jacks on the Rocks – A giant pit of ice to run through.
- Walk the Plank – 15 Foot jump into cold water with a refreshing swim back.
- Underwater Tunnels – Bob underneath obstacles in the water.
- Kiss of Mud – Crawl through mud with wire only 8 inches above the ground.
- Spider’s Web – 2 shipping containers to climb over by way of cargo net.
- Ball Shrinker – Swinging Rope bridge with the muddy waters below.
- Berlin Walls – Scale series of 12 foot high walls, needing the help of other Tough Mudders.
- The Trenches – A maze of trenches with high level, mud filled waters.
- Twinkle Toes – Log bridge with cold lake below.
- Devil’s Beard – Low cargo nets to work through the tangled mess.
- Boa Constrictor – Tire tunnels that are cold, dark and confined.
- Jumpin’ Bale – Cross a field jumping from hay bale to hay bale.
- Gator Bait – Swampy bog criss cross.
- The Gauntlet – High pressure spray while running through a hay bale half pipe.
- Fire Walker – 4 foot high flames from kerosene soaked straw… run through!
- Hold Your Wood – Drag a log up and down a set of slippery hills.
- Funky Monkey – Some of the monkey bars have been greased with butter! Ice cold lake below.
- Mystery Obstacle – Race-day Surprise!
- King of the Mountain – At least 4 levels of hay bales to overcome.
- Electroshock Therapy – Sprint through a field of live wires! Up to 10,000 volt shock!
The event sells out quicker than you can say Mudder Fudder, so register as soon as you can or at least purchase tickets to be a spectator of the brave men and women competing in the 2011 Tough Mudder event in Tampa.
For additional information, and registration, visit the Tough Mudder Official Website here.