Gasparilla 2013 | Festivals & Parades
The Extravaganza, commonly referred to as the Gasparilla Childrens Parade, is actually a day full of activities which include a parade, entertainment and closes with the Gasparilla Pyrotechnic Extravaganza (fireworks show).
Get ready for the largest parade in Tampa that marches down Bayshore Blvd in Hyde Park through Downtown Tampa.
Commonly referred to as the Gasparilla Night Parade, the Sant 'Yago Knight Parade takes place in Ybor City, Tampa on February 9th.
Gasparilla Events & Parties
- Gasparilla Extravaganza - Jan 19, 2013 - 11:00 AM
The first major event of the year is The Extravaganza or commonly known as the Childrens Festival and Parade. The festival takes place on Bayshore Blvd and features a parade, live entertainment and fireworks. This is a family friendly event.
- Gasparilla Festival - Jan 26, 2013 - 11:30 AM
The largest and most popular of all Gasparilla events is the annual Gasparilla Pirate Festival taking place throughout the streets of Hyde Park and Downtown Tampa.
- Knight Parade - Feb 9, 2013 - 8:00 PM
The Sant 'Yago Knight Parade in Ybor City is the night parade with over 100,000 in attendance. It is one of Tampa's largest festivals.
- Gasparilla 2013 at Club Prana - Feb 9, 2013 - 8:00 PM
Ybor City's premier night club, Club Prana, will host their annual Gasparilla party the night of the Knight Parade! Tampa's only 5 Level Night Club!
- Miss Gasparilla Pageant - Feb 16, 2013 - 3:00 PM
The Official Pageant is held annually and crowns titles such as Miss, Ms., Mrs., and Mr. Gasparilla along with many others. Don't miss this event of glitz and glamour.
- Gasparilla Distance Classic - Mar 3-4, 2012 - 7:05 AM
The Distance Classic is a weekend of races varying from 5k to a half marathon that also includes family runs/walks like the 5k Stroller Roll.
- Gasparilla Festival of the Arts - Mar 2-3, 2013 - 9:00 AM
The 43rd Annual Raymond James Gasparilla Festival of the Arts will be at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park in Downtown Tampa and is Tampa's largest outdoor art festival.
- Gasparilla Music Festival - Mar 9, 2013 - 11:00 AM
The second annual Gasparilla Music Festival will be held at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park and is a day filled with live music, food, drinks, fun, and more.
Are you visiting Tampa? Read more about the history and why we celebrate Gasparilla. If you are visiting Tampa, Florida for the festive events, check out our complete Tampa event directory to find other events during the time you are here.
Things to Know About Gasparilla
If you are looking for things to do during the Gasparlla Festivals in Tampa, then be sure to browse around 813area.com. Whether you are looking for the best places to stay for Gasparilla or tips for parking, we have you covered.
2013 Gasparilla Parade Route
2:00pm to approximately 5:30pm - Starts on Bayshore Blvd at Bay-to-Bay, moves north along Bayshore to Little Bayshore, makes a slight turn onto the Brorein Street Bridge, continues east on Brorein to Ashley Dr., then turns north on Ashley Drive and ends at Cass St.
Concert Lineup for Gasparilla Festival
Pirate Fest Stage at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park:
- 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. C'NERGY
- 6:45 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Daniel B. Marshall
- 8:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Skycoasters
Invasion Stage at Ashley Drive and Whiting Street in Downtown Tampa:
- 11:00 a.m. - 3 p.m. Danny Lozada y el Latin Band
Road Closures, Parking & Transportation
Street Closures - This is for the safety of the residents who live near the parade route and for parade goers. This also ensures emergency vehicles access to the parade route. The first block of ALL streets adjoining Bayshore will be closed to parking. Tickets/Towing Friday, January 25th from 8 am to noon: pink slip warnings; noon to 10 pm: tickets; after 10 pm: towing. Areas normally available for parking, may be designated as no parking areas for the parade (ESPECIALLY in residential areas). All road closures will be well marked. There are plenty of Gasparilla parking options from which include Downtown Tampa and Channelside garages or parking lots. Parade goers can also park in an Ybor City garage and take the street car trolley. Remote parking will also be available at the Raymond James Stadium with a shuttle to the parade route.
Gasparilla 2013 Rules & LawsThe following will be strictly enforced:
- Must be 21 or older to consume alcohol
- Open containers only permitted in designated areas
- Alcohol may not be consumed from kegs or large vessels
- Must purchase alcohol from vendors
- Only cans or plastic bottles permitted; no glass or Styrofoam cups or containers
- Use port-o-lets and other restroom facilities
- No Fighting
- No Property damage
- No Trespassing
- No nudity or flashing for beads
- No Public intoxication
- No Driving under the influence
- No motorized vehicles or bicycles
- No Weapons
- No Illegal drugs