Parking in a condensed area like Ybor City can either be incredibly convenient or a real hassle. Get there after 10 p.m. on a weekend, or the night of a big parade like Guavaween and well, it can easily become the bane of one’s existence. Hiked up rates (some reaching $20), few and far between spots, and snails pace traffic all seem to work in conjunction, making sure the simple act of parking gets more competitive than it ever should. Here is some information to make pesky parking a bit more bearable in Ybor City.
• Both city garages (Centro Ybor garage at E. 6th Ave. & N. 15th St. and Palm Ave. garage at E. 9th Ave. & N. 13th St.) hike their rates up after 10 p.m. Thursday through Sunday; Thursday – $6, Friday - $8, and Saturday – $10.
• Normal rates at both garages are:
- $1 for 0-3 hours
- $3 for 3-4 hours
- $4 for 4-5 hours
- $6 for 5-6 hours
- $8 for 6+ hours
• FREE street parking is available throughout the district, but it’s limited to two hours, and, on a night like Saturday, you’ll be hard pressed to find any of these.
• The surface lots are probably your most all-around convenient bet with regards to parking in Ybor. They’re dispersed evenly throughout the district so walking a distance should never be a problem. The city lots charge 75 cents an hour while the private ones have varying rates typically around $5 for day and $10 for night parking.
- Centro Ybor - available Sunday: Noon – 11 p.m; Monday – Thursday: 11 a.m. – 11 p.m; and Friday & Saturday: 11 a.m. – 2 a.m. Spend $25 or more (or buy a movie ticket) at Centro Ybor and get valet parking for only $3! Otherwise, it’s $5 Sunday-Thursday and $10 on Friday and Saturday.
- Bernini of Ybor – available Thursday through Saturday from 5 p.m. till midnight, $5.
- Columbia Restaurant – Valet parking available nightly after 5 p.m.
With these tips you’ll have the know-how on parking in Ybor even during those hectic weekend times. So, get out there, park conveniently, and have fun!