Living in Tampa, Florida is unlike living in any other city in the world, and there are some interesting things in this city that make this true. Things that make you realize you live in Tampa because you wouldn’t see them anywhere else. So… You Know You Live in Tampa When…
- There are more birds in the parking lot than cars… Birds that stand taller than the average grown man.
- It starts to rain and cars turn their emergency brake lights on, some of whom decide it is safest to stop their car completely in the middle of the road.
- Large groups of people join running groups that start and end at a popular bar, re-hydrating with an ice cold glass of… beer.
- You are used to smelling the inviting scent of waste as you drive along the bay waters. If you have visitors in town, it’s worth warning them of this so you are not blamed for this… odor.
- You can walk through the entire downtown within 10 minutes.
- A plethora of restaurants have been featured on the Food Network.
- Gasparilla is a major holiday.
- 1 out of every 5 people you meet work at the Hard Rock.
- You can go to the movies and be served dinner and drinks at the same time. (CineBistro).
- It’s a common occurrence to Paddle Board to the bar… or work.
See any we missed? Leave a comment and let us know! After all, there are many funny ways you know you live in Tampa… like not knowing a single person that has been born in Tampa.