Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
15 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
The Bar-Expert works as a member of the bar team, serving Guests food and beverages and providing them with a personalized service experience that sets them apart from other casual dining restaurants. Bar-Experts operate an efficient bar that is clean and organized at all times and adhere to all operating standards.
• Acknowledge Guests immediately.
• Provide a personalized bar experience for every Guest.
• Ensure hot food is hot and cold food is cold.
• Be visible behind the bar at all times to assist Guests and Front of House Team Members.
• Adhere to timing standards for products and service.
• Look for ways to consolidate service and increase table turns.
• Be a showman and concentrate on speed and accuracy.
• Must know all food, liquor, beer, and wine offered.
• Apply positive suggestive sales approaches to guide Guests on making food and beverage choices.
• Serve alcoholic beverages responsibly at all times.
• Educate Front of House Team Members on drink specs and recipes.
• Document waste and take the necessary steps to avoid waste and limit costs.
• Assist in keeping the bar and restaurant spotlessly clean, safe, and sanitary.
• Follow all recipes and specifications to provide perfect food and exceptional beverages.
• Complete the daily and weekly cleaning duties.
• Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages.
• Must have all certifications and licenses required by local Health Department and Alcoholic Beverage Commission statutes.
• Must have the physical abilities to carry out the functions of the job descriptions.
• Must be able to responsibly handle cash transactions.
• Must be able to consolidate and coordinate the needs of all Guests at the bar top as well as the service well.
• Must be able to carry food and beverages.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member will be regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The Team Member will be occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The Team Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Brick House Tavern + Tap is an Equal Opportunity employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veterans status, in accordance with 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5(a