Dishonorable Mention Podcast is back for its 25th installment recording from the Tampa Bay WaVE in downtown Tampa. Vito was on assignment last week so we recorded a little later than usual. You know what that means; the gangs all here for another #DMAfterDark!
- 0:42: Boys II Men at the Clearwater Jazz Holiday and Disney Food and Wine, can we get them on the pod?!
- 4:47: Is there too much negativity in the news? Is that a bad thing from a media literacy standpoint? The hosts discuss a column by Ernest in the Tampa Bay Times regarding comments about the news by Florida Speaker of the House Jose Oliva.
- 20:18: More charts for the Dishonorable Mentions! Also, don't forget to vote for DM Best of the Bay for Best Local Podcast! We talk to two of our most active listeners.
- 31:35: The hosts discuss Jeffrey Epstein's suicide in prison earlier this weekend.
- 44:03 The hosts discuss a proposed bill prohibiting discrimination against homosexual students by private schools receiving public funding.
- 46:01: Ernest tells a hilarious story about purchasing leggings and other shopping hilarity.
- 52:22: Podcast business!
- 55:17: Chris tells a story about a recent McDonalds visit that spurns a debate on the pros and cons of raising the minimum wage.
- 58:32: This week's #Floridaman story, shout-outs, and the Times 50 Florida college football players of all time (Chris has some #opinions.)
Have a question for our hosts or what us to talk about something specific on the podcast? Reach out and comment on our social media sites! Dishonorable Mention is on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram or leave a comment below. The Mentions are also looking for host restaurants and establishments to record the podcast, let us know if your business is interested!
This podcast debuts 813area's new Podcast Network which will add more shows in the coming weeks on all things Tampa. Subscribe to the full network to never miss a show on our host site Spreaker or listen to the show here. You can also find Dishonorable Mention on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, TuneIn, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app. If you like the podcast, be sure to subscribe on your favorite app, give us a rave review, and tell your friends! You can also listen to all of the episodes in the embed player below.