Dishonorable Mention Episode 15 discusses the execution of Bobby Joe Long and the death penalty in Florida, issues in education, and tv shows. Recorded live from the Tampa Bay WaVE building in downtown Tampa!
- 0:42: Intros and Bobby Joe Long is executed. The hosts discuss the case, the death penalty, and murder in Tampa.
- 18:28: New Middle School in Palm Harbor is named after a former student who was a murder victim, what are your thoughts on this practice of honoring someone? How does this affect talking about death to children?
- 28:22: Hillsborough County teacher quits and posts her issues in a letter. The hosts discuss this story and the appropriateness of this backlash. What's the best way to fix these issues?
- 40:15: Earnest asks a question about a story pertaining to the app Wag that he discussed on Daytime.
- 45:37: The "whiteness" of the sitcom Friends and issues in some TV shows.
- 51:04: Are there any long-term shows you still watch and a 90210 reboot!
- 56:22: This week's Florida Man Story and host shoutouts.
Have a question for our hosts or what us to talk about something specific on the podcast? Reach out and comment on our social media sites! Dishonorable Mention is on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram or leave a comment below. The Mentions are also looking for host restaurants and establishments to record the podcast, let us know if your business is interested!
This podcast debuts 813area's new Podcast Network which will add more shows in the coming weeks on all things Tampa. Subscribe to the full network to never miss a show on our host site Spreaker or listen to the show here. You can also find Dishonorable Mention on iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app. If you like the podcast, be sure to subscribe on your favorite app, give us a rave review, and tell your friends! You can also listen to all of the episodes in the embed player below.
Stay Active, Stay Diligent, Stay Florida!