Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa
Travel & Recreation $ | Open
ON-CALL DEALER - POKER
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
This position is responsible for the operation and conduct of the assigned game in accordance with Gaming Procedures, internal controls, and the rules and procedures of Poker.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Deals cards to players and shuffles as appropriate according to established rules and regulations.
- Announces winning hand to players.
- Ensures that correct "rake" are taken from the winning pot.
- Verifies beginning and ending chip and money balances and confirms supporting documentation. Receives fills and distributes credits.
- Ensures that wagers are placed before cards are dealt.
- Monitors game and notifies supervisor of any disputes, problems or concerns with either a patron or the progress of the game.
- Promotes positive public/employee relations at all times.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
- Conducts themselves in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations, and Seminole Tribe of Florida/departmental policies and procedures.
- Conducts themselves in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations and Seminole Tribe of Florida/departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the operation and conduct of the assigned game in accordance with Gaming Procedure, internal controls and the rules and procedures of poker.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate managers of concerns and observations.
- Demonstrate actions and behaviors that reinforce the Company’s Mission and Values of Communication, Integrity, Fun, Respect, Accountability, Passion and Dedication.
- Ensure prompt and discreet notification to managers and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts or internal ethics violations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Three (3) – six (6) months minimum Poker dealing experience, and/or training including completion of a Poker school or combination of work experience and education
- Must have a professional demeanor and be able to communicate well with the public
- Must be able to compute hand totals quickly and accurately
- Must be able to deal the game in a graceful, stylish, and fluid manner
- Must have ability to use good judgment in intense situations
- Must have thorough knowledge of all table games offered at the Casino
- Must be able to successfully pass an audition on a live table
- Must be able to promote an outgoing, friendly customer oriented personality at all times
- Must have Exceptional guest service skills