Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa
Travel & Recreation $ | Open
IT SERVICE TECH I
Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
Whether you want to make your debut or go back on tour after a long hiatus, starting a career at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa can feel more like play than work. This expansive property is the premier entertainment destination of Central Florida & features high stakes table games along with thousands of the hottest slot machines. Owned & operated by the Seminole Tribe of Florida, this electrifying casino destination boasts rock star amenities at its AAA Four Diamond rated hotel ranging from seven award-winning Zagat-rated restaurants, a newly renovated Rock Spa® & Salon and VIP services galore.
Our Commitment to Service:
We don’t have customers, we have Guests. Unparalleled Service isn’t just a part of our mission statement at Seminole Gaming; it’s a commitment to each and every one of our current & future Guests. Our staff spends their time making sure that every single one of our guests gets the rock star treatment, but the Seminole Hard Rock family also rolls out the red carpet for our employees with competitive benefits & a great work environment.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer rockin' benefits that include Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurances, 401K, Paid time off, Annual Bonus Opportunity & much more! Please visit http://www.gotoworkhappy.com/benefits to see our full list of benefits!
How we look & appear to each guest provides an important impression of our Company. Non-permitted guidelines include unnatural hair color, visibly explicit or offensive tattoos, facial tattoos, ear piercings that alter the shape and/or size of the ear, any visible body or facial piercings other than two (2) piercings per ear, facial hair longer than ½ inch in length or mustaches that extend past ¼ inch below the upper lip. Please note this list is not all-inclusive, as well as exceptions to these rules may apply for certain departments.
This position is responsible for providing technical assistance, support, and advice to hotel and casino staff using computers and computer peripherals. He/she will troubleshoot and diagnose issues as reported by staff, gather data to identify staff needs and then use that information to identify, interpret and evaluate system and network requirements. He/she will also assist other IT staff to conduct user training in the proper use of new hardware and software as it is introduced.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Must adhere to the Seminole Tribe's Policies and Procedures.
- Receive, configure, install and support computer hardware and peripherals in a networked environment
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair hardware and software issues for users in their workspace
- Assist the Network Administrator and other IT staff in the roll-out of network, operating system and software upgrades and patches as those requirements arise
- Use common hand tools, diagnostic and predictive software and tools to perform routine maintenance and upgrades on computers, peripherals and network hardware and appliances
- Perform other departmental duties as may be required by Management
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and hazard free work environment
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Associates’ Degree in a computer related discipline is preferred.
- One (1) year of experience in computer hardware support and maintenance is required
- Duties and responsibilities are typically performed in a professional office setting, but there may be times where you will need to be on the Casino Floor or pass through this area. On the Casino Floor, you may be exposed to casino-related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Native American Preference Policy:
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
Seminole Gaming’s employment process requires candidates to obtain gaming licensure by successfully completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to beginning employment. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen