Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa
Travel & Recreation $ | Open
COOK II - PASTRY STARTING AT $18 P/H
Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
The Pastry Cook II assists in the production and design of pastry cakes and various desserts in our food outlets
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares cakes, cookies, pies, puddings and other desserts, according to recipes.
- Prepared desserts and pastries in accordance with established standards set by the Pastry Chef and Asst Pastry Chef, and assists in quality and portion control of product.
- Sees to the proper labeling, rotation, storage temperature and environment required.
- Strive to eliminate over-production and over-purchasing.
- Maintain quality inventory control of your production.
- Ensure that production and storage areas are maintained in accordance with city and state health department codes.
- Promotes positive public/employee relations at all times.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area responsibility.
- Minimum of two (2) years pastry cook/baker experience
- Culinary Degree preferred with a proven track record in Pastry arts
- Experience in hospitality industry required, experience in a high volume hotel/resort preferred
- Experience in European pastries, as well as strong grasp of current trends and presentations
- Creativity with baked goods and bread production is required
- Proven experience working in an extremely fast paced environment with multiple functions happening simultaneously required
- Must be able to demonstrate and deliver a high level of service to our guests
- Able to interface effectively with FOH staff to produce a positive guest experience
- Duties and responsibilities are typically performed in a kitchen and the back of house of the casino, which can be faced-paced with excessive noise. Also, there may be times where you will need to be on the Casino Floor or pass through this area. On the Casino Floor, you may be exposed to casino-related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Native American Preference Policy:
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
Seminole Gaming’s employment process requires candidates to obtain gaming licensure by successfully completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to beginning employment. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen