Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
Marlow's Tavern is seeking full-time craft cocktail bartender candidates with a great attitude, a great sense of humor and people who have energy and dependability.
As a bartender, you are the main point of contact for and with our guests, guiding them through the Marlows Tavern experience every day. Your mission is to create a personalized and memorable experience with every interaction, creating a deep bond with each guest, providing a friendly & cheerful place for all guests by delivering exceptional service and world-class hospitality.
You will interact with our guests personifying our companys philosophies, values and guiding principles and serving as the champion of the Hospitality First vibe in your Tavern.
Daily responsibilities for Marlow's Bartenders may include but are not limited to:
• Meets with all managers/chef de cuisine to receive updates on food & beverage features and station assignments
• Prepares and sets assigned sections including booths, community tables, bar and the patio for tavern guests prior to the shift
• Greets guests, introduces self, and presents guests with menu to welcome them
• Informs guests of specials and menu changes and makes recommendations so they may make an informed food and beverage choice
• Responsibly serves alcoholic beverages to guests, ex. Checks IDs and adheres to alcohol awareness policy to prevent guest intoxication
• Takes and records food and beverage orders from the guests and repeats orders back to the guest to ensure accuracy
• Effectively uses POS system to relay orders to kitchen staff and bar by accurately entering items
• Executes Taverns Top 3 priorities: Door, running F&B and answering the phone
• Runs food from expo to guests seated in tavern
• Responsible for guest satisfaction by handling guests complaints including alerting manager to ensure return visits
• Communicates with team members and managers regarding availability of tables, seating of large parties, or special requests
• Providing guests with daily handcrafted cocktail drink specials
• Hand squeeze or juice fresh fruits for handmade cocktail mixers
• Conduct inventory on a weekly basis
Regular and on-time attendance is essential to the successful performance of this position. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the taverns to include late nights, weekends and holidays.
Reasons to join our team include:
• Flexible Hours
• Paid Vacation
• Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance Offered
• Room for Advancement
Specific Job Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Possess extensive Beer, Wine, Liquor knowledge
• Ability to get pouring permit, which requires background check and finger printing.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language (English) used in the tavern
• Must possess basic computational ability
• Must possess basic computer skills
• Must be able to taste food & beverage offerings in order to know flavor profile, learn, understand, sell and support preparation of items as necessary for role
• Ability to personalize guest experience by describing all menu items, prices and methods of preparation to encourage the guests to choose items that are tavern specialties
• Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, ordinances and regulations and Marlows Tavern policy regarding serving alcohol to minors and intoxicated patrons.
Marlow's Tavern is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.