Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
The Host/Hostess makes guests feel welcome and provides exceptional guest service by greeting guests upon arrival, escorting them to their table, ensuring their dining experience has been excellent, and bidding guests farewell as they leave.
• Maintain a professional image and a neat, clean, and cheerful nature.
• Answer telephone promptly and respond to questions accordingly.
• Greet guests upon arrival and assist guests while on a waiting list.
• Inform manager on duty of waiting list and the waiting period for guests.
• Maintain track of reservations as specified in Training Handbook.
• Escort guests quickly to their table and arrange for a booster seat or high chair if needed.
• Inform manager on duty of any problems and take fast action when necessary.
• Bid farewell to guests as they leave and ensure everything was outstanding. Invite guests to return.
• Perform shift change/closing duties before leaving.
• Keep front area clean.
• Inspect restroom every fifteen minutes and communicate with housekeeping that it meets cleanliness standards.
• Restock necessary supplies and bring all areas up to standard.
• Must wear approved manufacturer certified slip resistant or non-slip shoes at all times while working
• Participate in and pass alcohol awareness and safety training classes
• High School
• 1 year similar experience preferred.
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be able to pass host/hostess training and validation
• Must be neatly dressed and well groomed in clean Company uniforms at all times.
• Must be able to operate P.O.S. computer, make change correctly, and make credit card transactions.
• Adherence to all Company and Safety Policies and Procedures.
• Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate in English.
• Must be able to walk and stand for hours at a time. Lift and carry up to 10-30lbs. Balance and walk with heavy trays, dinnerware and drinks.
Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; and is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize that people are our finest asset. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, regardless of race, creed, color, religion or belief, national origin, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or sexual orientation or any other classification protected by law.
Specialty Restaurants Corporation maintains a drug free workplace. The Company will consider for employment qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner that is consistent with local, state, and federal law. All job offers are contingent upon successfully passing of a background check.
Leader:Inspires teammates to follow them
Enthusiastic:Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Flexibility:Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Ability to Make an Impact:Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization