Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Part Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
The primary responsibility of a Server is to provide friendly, efficient, accurate and responsive service to create a memorable experience for our customers. The Server describes menu items, assists customers in making food and beverage selections, takes and places orders, delivers food and beverages, and assists fellow team members to ensure overall customer satisfaction.
- Understand our “You First” mission; demonstrate a “You First” attitude with customers, co-workers and management throughout shift
- Work as part of a team and help fellow employees at every opportunity to ensure a memorable experience for our customers is consistently provided
- Successfully execute the “5 Steps of Service” and “Ten Commandments”
- Treat customers in a respectful, courteous and equitable manner
- Welcome and greet customers
- Inform customers of seasonal specials and/or menu changes
- Answer questions regarding the menu, food/beverage preparation, recipe ingredients, allergens, etc.
- Handle special customer requests such as separate checks, etc.
- Take food and beverage orders from customers; properly use the Point of Sale System (POS) to record orders
- Serve food and beverages to customers in a timely and courteous manner using and following reference points
- Exercise “Veto Responsibility” when picking up food from the kitchen for delivery to customers
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in service areas
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meal and take action to solve any problems
- Anticipate the needs of customers and respond promptly to any requests or concerns
- Ensure accuracy of customer check and promptly present check to customers approximately halfway through their meal
- Ensure tables are bussed and set for customers, with routine assistance from Bussers, Hosts and other co-workers
- Thank customers and invite them to return
- Accurately report all tip income on a daily basis
- Check customers' identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages in restaurants that serve alcohol.
- Servers are expected to work 1 Host shift (see job description) per week.
- Perform on a regular basis a variety of tasks contemporaneously with the duties involving interaction with and direct service to customers (including, but not limited to, brewing coffee/tea, refilling ice, rolling silverware, sweeping service areas, pre-bussing and bussing tables, organizing server stations) or as directed by management.
- Servers may be designated to come in for a reasonable amount of time immediately before the restaurant opens or to stay immediately after the restaurant closes for a reasonable amount of time to assist with opening/closing duties for shift readiness and other assigned tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of successful/efficient restaurant operations and customer service.
- Service Orientation – actively looks for ways to help people
- Must be upbeat, outgoing, and positive
- Able to work positively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Punctual with regular and reliable attendance
- Honesty and integrity
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customers, management and coworkers
- Basic math (including the ability to make change), reading and writing skills
- Multi-task oriented; ability to perform multiple job functions and take care of multiple tables at one time
- Able to operate and enter information into POS systems or programs, and use other technical equipment
- Follow workplace safety procedures, such as cleaning up spills, pouring coffee away from the table, etc.
- Safety conscious - must understand and always follow the food safety program guidelines, including personal hygiene, sanitation, and proper safe food handling procedures and must complete company food handler training requirements.
- Physical activity that includes continuous walking, standing, bending and lifting (up to 50 lbs)
- Moderate exposure to extreme temperatures
- Must report to work in a neat, clean uniform and present a well-groomed, hygienic appearance
- Must wear slip resistant shoes and apron at all times, as supplied by First Watch