Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $40,000 Annual
Full Job Description
Naked Farmer is a farm-to-table restaurant group serving seasonal vegetables on a mission to build a better food system. The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. We source our food from farmers we know, as local as possible.
The next generation of chefs are evolving in Naked Farmer restaurants.
As Kitchen Manager, you are responsible for all oversight in our Sparkman Wharf kitchen operation. You serve as the culinary nuts-and-bolts in our restaurant while managing and staying accountable for the entire restaurant team. Be a part of the high energy, modern waterfront park – Sparkman Wharf.
As an extremely efficient individual with a passion for executing food excellence and hospitality, you run a strong kitchen by showcasing advanced business and culinary acumen. You own and take pride in order/inventory management, prep management and health and safety standards within the four walls of our container location. You are the subject matter expert in all areas of the operation including cooking, serving guests, and managing 8-10 restaurant team members.
In our operation centered around innovation, you are always looking at food quality, cost, and training as data-points for you and your team to grow.
Staying organized and detail-oriented in a fast paced environment is key to your role as Kitchen Manager. We are constantly evolving our menu and testing new initiatives to improve the business operations . You will effectively multitask and train your culinary team through the day-to-day shifts, to ensure your team is well equipped to execute anything and everything on our menu. Developing your team by role modeling while delivering excellent service to our guests is integral as we work towards a better food future.
- Monthly bonus based on profitability, controllable costs and guest feedback
- Paid vacation after 6 months
- Complimentary Naked Farmer lunch & dinner everyday
- (Real) Flexible scheduling
- Annual Profit Sharing – eligible after 1 year of service
- Be responsible for kitchen culture and upholding best practices and standards through every shift.
- Lead and motivate your chef's in training team by modeling culinary expertise and a good attitude in order to always deliver delicious food.
- Oversee and uphold food quality and presentation no matter the business channel. Walk in, pick-up & delivery orders are handled with equal care and attention.
- Serve as a reference point for the entire kitchen team for questions on recipes, checklists, food specifics, and food quality. Consistency and order are your bread and butter.
- Oversee the quality of fresh ingredients received from our farm partners, while overseeing inventory, supply and QA processes in the restaurant.
- Manage the prep schedule for yourself and your team. Efficiently handle food and drink inventory (and ordering) ordering to ensure walk-ins are fully stocked and organized.
- Execute line checks while measuring what's ready to serve, what needs to be prepared, and any potential waste. You think ahead to ensure service runs smoothly.
- Ensure the kitchen is set up for success with all tasks completed on time and with safety top of mind.
- Implement food preparation tactics that maximize efficiencies in your kitchen. You are open to testing new systems and processes, as well as thinking outside the box to help with operational flow and kitchen organization.
- Manage and maintain a tight and orderly kitchen operation, including storage, labeling, preparation, and all safety protocols. You are the safety standard bearer ensuring your team is keeping up with Covid guidelines and DOH standards for overall restaurant health.
- Take ownership of restaurant cleanliness by setting up the AM shift for success and closing with confidence that the restaurant is prepared for the next day's operation.
- Identify and troubleshoot any ordering or digital ordering issues. You are solutions focused and can quickly pivot when needed.
- Manage our kitchen facilities, following up with all maintenance on culinary equipment, cleanliness, and organization of your restaurant.
- Manage labor and food cost on the P&L.
- Build your kitchen team by assisting in interviewing, hiring, providing performance improvement, and disciplinary action.
- 2+ years managing a restaurant team.
- The ability to demonstrate and execute an exceedingly strong work ethic.
- Skills to motivate and develop the chefs on your team.
- An appreciation for the people you work with.
- The ability to perform physical requirements of the position (the ability to frequently lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds).
- The willingness to work in the small space of a food container and in high heat temperatures of the summer, and colder temperatures of the winter.
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in whenever necessary.
- The desire for professional improvement and the process of learning.
- The drive to network and build strong ties in your restaurant's community.
- The ability to take many variables to find the best solution to a problem.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An eye for detail and solving challenges.
- A desire for growth within our restaurant group.
- Food Safety Certification.
- A passion for real, good food.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $40,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Fast casual restaurant
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- Quarterly bonus
- Management: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
- One location