Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
Major Purpose: The primary responsibility of a Server is to provide friendly, efficient, accurate and responsive service to create a memorable experience for our customers. The Server describes menu items, assists customers in making food and beverage selections, takes and places orders, delivers food and beverages, and assists fellow team members to ensure overall customer satisfaction.
• Understand our "You First" mission; demonstrate a "You First" attitude with customers, co-workers and management throughout shift
• Work as part of a team and help fellow employees at every opportunity to ensure a memorable experience for our customers is consistently provided
• Successfully execute the "5 Steps of Service" and "Ten Commandments"
• Treat customers in a respectful, courteous and equitable manner
• Welcome and greet customers
• Inform customers of seasonal specials and/or menu changes
• Answer questions regarding the menu, food/beverage preparation, recipe ingredients, allergens, etc.
• Handle special customer requests such as separate checks, etc.
• Take food and beverage orders from customers; properly use the Point of Sale System (POS) to record orders
•Serve food and beverages to customers in a timely and courteous manner using and following reference points
• Exercise "Veto Responsibility" when picking up food from the kitchen for delivery to customers • Maintain cleanliness and organization in service areas • Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meal and take action to solve any problems
• Anticipate the needs of customers and respond promptly to any requests or concerns
• Ensure accuracy of customer check and promptly present check to customers approximately halfway through their meal
• Ensure tables are bussed and set for customers, with routine assistance from Bussers, Hosts and other co-workers
• Thank customers and invite them to return
• Accurately report all tip income on a daily basis
• Check customers' identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages in restaurants that serve alcohol.