Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa
Travel & Recreation $ | Open
ASST MANAGER - RISE KITCHEN & DELI
Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
Whether you want to make your debut or go back on tour after a long hiatus, starting a career at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa can feel more like play than work. This expansive property is the premier entertainment destination of Central Florida & features high stakes table games along with thousands of the hottest slot machines. Owned & operated by the Seminole Tribe of Florida, this electrifying casino destination boasts rock star amenities at its AAA Four Diamond rated hotel ranging from seven award-winning Zagat-rated restaurants, a newly renovated Rock Spa® & Salon and VIP services galore.
Our Commitment to Service:
We don’t have customers, we have Guests. Unparalleled Service isn’t just a part of our mission statement at Seminole Gaming; it’s a commitment to each and every one of our current & future Guests. Our staff spends their time making sure that every single one of our guests gets the rock star treatment, but the Seminole Hard Rock family also rolls out the red carpet for our employees with competitive benefits & a great work environment.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer rockin' benefits that include Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurances, 401K, Paid time off, Annual Bonus Opportunity & much more! Please visit http://www.gotoworkhappy.com/benefits to see our full list of benefits!
How we look & appear to each guest provides an important impression of our Company. Non-permitted guidelines include unnatural hair color, visibly explicit or offensive tattoos, facial tattoos, ear piercings that alter the shape and/or size of the ear, any visible body or facial piercings other than two (2) piercings per ear, facial hair longer than ½ inch in length or mustaches that extend past ¼ inch below the upper lip. Please note this list is not all-inclusive, as well as exceptions to these rules may apply for certain departments.
This position is responsible for ensuring accurate record keeping, preparing reviews, and analyzing reports. The Assistant Manager of the Rise Casual Outlet is also responsible for scheduling, planning, timing, and supervising all details of the restaurant.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Identifies and defines business needs and implements solutions which may result in beneficial changes in the operation of the restaurant, improvement in the restaurant's impact or interaction with customers, improvement in the restaurant's ability to reduce or contain costs or generate additional revenue.
- Works in conjunction with the Chef and directs the development and administration of controls for all phases of the restaurant in an economical and profitable manner while maintaining established standards.
- Spearheads menu item changes based on product mix reviews and guest feedback.
- Ensures that the restaurant supports the casino by providing outstanding service to VIP guests in the restaurant and during special events.
- Institutes cost control procedures, inventories and standards of performance.
- Counsels, guides, trains, and instructs assigned personnel in the proper performance of their duties, including kitchen personnel.
- Works with manual and automated systems and develops or implements procedures, formats, budgets, testing, training and documentation.
- Staff replacement within the guidelines of the department.
- Develops and implements operating standards where necessary.
- Communicates with management, other departments, and designated personnel to address the needs of the POS system.
- Provides project leadership and project management as assigned
- In the absence of senior F&B management provides leadership and direction for the department as required.
- Acts immediately on all customer complaints to insure that a correction is made whenever possible.
- Responsible for the back of the house operations in the absence of the room chef.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with two (2) to four (4) years of restaurant supervisory experience required or a combination of education and/or work experience
- 2+ years of management experience in multiple outlets (Restaurant, Room Service, Minibar) within a high volume resort/hotel or a combination of work experience and education
- Must be able to analyze Food and Beverage data
- Must have exceptional guest service skills
- Proven ability to increase outlet sales
- Must be able to demonstrate and deliver a high level of service to our guests
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to lead and develop a cohesive outlet team
- Duties and responsibilities are typically performed in the back of house of the casino and a restaurant setting, which can be faced-paced with excessive noise. Also, there may be times where you will need to be on the Casino Floor or pass through this area. On the Casino Floor, you may be exposed to casino-related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Native American Preference Policy:
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
Seminole Gaming’s employment process requires candidates to obtain gaming licensure by successfully completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to beginning employment. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen