Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa
Travel & Recreation $ | Open
SLOT TECHNICIAN - BENCH
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
Under the direction of the Slot Technician Supervisor, this position is responsible for applying electronics theory and related knowledge to test, troubleshoot, repair and maintain the slot machines related gaming components and equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs all repairs and service requirements necessary for slot machines components and related gaming equipment.
- Diagnose causes of malfunctions and failures and take appropriate action.
- Rebuilds, overhauls, converts, adjusts, calibrates, aligns and modifies any slot machine component and related gaming equipment.
- Builds test fixtures as required to simulate actual slot machine operating requirements.
- A working knowledge of various electronic and electro-mechanical equipment.
- Ability to prioritize work requirements, meet deadlines, keep superiors informed of progress and needs required.
- Conducts themselves in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations, and Seminole Tribe of Florida/departmental policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma GED required, technical training preferred, with a minimum of two (2) years of board level electronic repair experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to deliver a service level which creates an atmosphere that makes our guests want to return, giving each guest a positive, memorable entertainment experience.
- Commitment to routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment of position responsibilities in an effort to play a role in the achievement of organizational goals.
- Knowledge of the technical detail of all SLOT machines. Proven Ability to diagnose and repair SLOT machines / assemblies to the component level.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical manuals, and related documents such as, electrical schematics and understand the functionality of electrical components.
- Proficient understanding of machine software and hardware requirements.
- The department operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; management expectation is that you must be able to work any shift including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
- Must possess strong Soldering / De-Soldering Skills to include Surface Mount equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate the proper and effective use of a Multi-Meter and other electronic test equipment.
- Strong Organizational skills, Safety and Detail oriented.
- May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
Native American Preference Policy:
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
Seminole Gaming’s employment process requires candidates to obtain gaming licensure by successfully completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to beginning employment. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen