Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa
Travel & Recreation $ | Open
ASST MANAGER - PUBLIC SPACE
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Director and Manager of EVS/Public Space with leading managing, training, interviewing, office work, computer work, and overseeing all areas of EVS/Public Space areas and the staff interaction with all guest and employees for assigned shift.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Must effectively communicate with all direct reports, Supervisor’s, peers, internal and external guests
- Able to work any time required to meet the demands of the business cycle (including weekends and Holidays)
- Must effectively lead a team of supervisors in coaching, counseling, evaluations, schedules and staffing
- Must be fluent in all computer software, chemicals and equipment to ensure the success of the Public Space Department
- Reports directly to EVS/Public Space Manager and/or Director. Will work closely with, adhere to and support all department policies and procedures set forth by the department Director
- Will plan, assign and direct work to Supervisor team and team member’s on the shift
- Must effectively address areas of opportunities presented with resolution on the shift
- Must effectively manage the daily and weekly tasks assigned within the allotted time frame on the shift
- Must comply with, complete and adhere to the training material presented by Hard Rock Human Resources and Public Space Department training teams
- Minimum of One (1) year of experience in housekeeping/public space
- Minimum of One (1) year of supervisory experience
- Duties and responsibilities are typically performed in a professional office setting, but there may be times where you will need to be on the Casino Floor or pass through this area. On the Casino Floor, you may be exposed to casino-related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Native American Preference Policy:
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
Seminole Gaming’s employment process requires candidates to obtain gaming licensure by successfully completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to beginning employment. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen