Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa
Travel & Recreation $ | Open
COUNTER SERVICE ATTENDANT - POKER ROOM
Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
The Poker Barista is responsible for, under the direction of restaurant management, establishing the preparation and presentation of beverages including tasting, product specification, and sanitation
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Promotes positive customer relations; effectively explains menu items, handles guest complaints
- Prepare and serve beverages in accordance with established standards set by restaurant management
- Ensures that production and storage areas are maintained in accordance with city and state health department codes
- Promotes positive public/employee relations at all times
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to work a varied work schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to learn POS sysytems and cash handling.
- Ability to read and understand all Seminole Tribe of Florida policies and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to complete standard Seminole Tribe of Florida forms and reports.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Be team-oriented and enjoy working with and assisting people.
- Able to exercise judgment on an independent basis.
- Be articulate and possess a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Duties and responsibilities are typically performed in a restaurant in a fast-paced environment, with constant exposure to general public and excessive noise. Also, there may be times where you will need to be on the Casino Floor or pass through this area. On the Casino Floor, you may be exposed to casino-related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Native American Preference Policy:
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
Seminole Gaming’s employment process requires candidates to obtain gaming licensure by successfully completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to beginning employment. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen