Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa
Travel & Recreation $ | Open
MECHANIC II - WATER
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
Under the direction of the management team, the incumbent cleans, adjusts, performs water sample testing and conducts repairs to all water displays, pools and spas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs water sample testing and conducts repairs of all water displays, pools and spas.
- Cleans and sanitizes all water containment areas.
- Cleans, adjusts and conducts repairs on all support equipment.
- Applies any chemicals required in prescribed amounts in accordance with manufacturer and government regulations.
- Acts as a liaison between manufacturer, designer, engineering and hotel staff as necessary.
- Also assists with maintaining Health Spa, Fitness area and Service Bars.
- Promotes positive public/employee relations at all times.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- High School or trade school certificate required as well as a minimum of two (2) to three (3) years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen