Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa
Travel & Recreation $ | Open
SERVER - BANQUET - ON CALL
Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
Under the direction of the Asst. Banquet Manager, the banquet server is responsible for the set up and the service of all banquet events.
- Set up banquet meal functions as prescribed by the Banquet Event Order
- Maintain a professional and positive relationship with Guests and co-workers.
- Create a work environment that is safe, professional, friendly and conducive to a high level of morale, productivity and performance
- Interact and service all guest in a cordial and gracious manner while being able to present an upscale professional experience and image
- Wear appropriate uniform and maintain personal cleanliness
- Ensures the banquet work station is clean, orderly and stocked with all items needed for the banquet function at all times
- Informs supervisor of any problems and/or Guest complaints
- Inform Supervisor of Guest needs which may require special accommodations
- Cleans off all glasses, silver, china, etc. from all dinner tables, reception tables and buffet tables during and after event
- Complete all Banquet Server side work
- High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of one (1) year server experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Possess a professional appearance and demeanor with an outgoing and friendly personality.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays is required.
- Basic mathematical skills specific to job responsibilities are required, to include the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, specific to position responsibilities.
- Ability to continuously maneuver around the banquet facility and property, often standing for long hours.
- Duties and responsibilities are typically performed on the Casino Floor in a fast-paced, guest-smoking environment, with constant exposure to general public and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear; and, bending, stooping and carrying/ handling/moving weights of up to 25 pounds is also required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Native American Preference Policy:
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
Seminole Gaming’s employment process requires candidates to obtain gaming licensure by successfully completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to beginning employment. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen