Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa
Travel & Recreation $ | Open
PART TIME COOKS - FINE DINING
Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
The incumbent in this position is responsible for providing superior service to both the internal and external customer. The incumbent is also responsible for properly preparing any and all foods listed on the respective menus that are to be grilled, fried, broiled, or prepared in the pantry.
OVERVIEW OF PROPERTY RESTAURANTS:
• Hard Rock Café – American Classics
• Noodle Bar at Jubao Palace – Asian Noodle Bar
• Rise Kitchen & Bakery – 24hr Casual Dining
• Fresh Harvest Buffet – 7 Live-Action Kitchens
• Rock 'N Raw – Sushi & Raw Bar
• Council Oak Steaks & Seafood – Properties' Premier Fine Dining Steakhouse
• The Rez Grill - chef-driven menu and down-to-earth vibe, this upscale but accessible American grill epitomizes fine dining done casually
Check out more information about our property restaurants by visiting: http://www.seminolehardrocktampa.com/tampa-restaurants.
After your application is submitted, if we are interested in considering you for a culinary position you will be contacted to discuss your background and see where you may fit best!
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
Provides superior customer service, positively effects interactions with customers and employees, and has the resiliency to deal with difficult customers in all types of business conditions and the ability to work harmoniously with coworkers.
Prepares food that are to be grilled, fried, broiled, or prepared in the pantry; ensures that all plates served are aesthetically appealing and cooked to the specifications of the customer.
Recognizes a variety of sauces and properly places them on all entrees featured on daily menus.
Keeps work station neat and clean.
Assists coworkers to ensure efficient operation of the line.
This position operates in a working environment that is subjected to varying levels of heat and noise.
At times subjected to hazards such as wet floors and dangers associated with the use of heavy duty cutlery, knives, and choppers.
Ability to use all equipment associated with the position, including but not limited to choppers, slicers, mixers, and grinders.
Ability to review and comprehend recipes and other necessary documentation.
- Ability to determine if food items are cooked to proper specifications.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively move around work area.
- Ability to stock and retrieve all necessary food items and supplies.
- Ability to lift, carry, and push/pull up to 50 pounds so as to be able to move and stock all necessary supplies.
- Ability to communicate with customers and all levels of employees.
- Must be flexible to work varying shifts and time schedules as needed.
- Equipment and machines used, but not limited to, are standard kitchen machines such as slicers, choppers, mixers, grinders, etc.
Basic food preparation knowledge and line work experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations.
These skills are typically acquired through a minimum of one-year prior experience as a Cook Trainee or coffee shop line cook, and/or through the completion of a degree in culinary arts or recognized apprenticeship
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Native American Preference Policy:
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
Seminole Gaming’s employment process requires candidates to obtain gaming licensure by successfully completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to beginning employment. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen