Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa
Travel & Recreation $ | Open
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
This position is responsible for the preparation and application of paint and related coatings and wall coverings to interior and exterior surfaces of on and off-site locations of the facility
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Applies coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel or lacquer to decorate and protect interior and exterior surfaces, trimmings and fixtures or all Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino properties using brushes, rollers, high and low volume spray equipment
- Applies paint with cloth, brush, sponge, fingers or plastic to create special effects. Simulates wood grain, marble, brick tile or other specialty effects
- Smooth surfaces and removes old paint from surfaces for painting; prepares surfaces as appropriate and cost effective; fills voids with putty type filler; removes and replaces wall fixtures
- Selects premixed paints, color matches or mixes required portions of pigment, oil and thinning and drying substances to prepare paint that matches specified colors
- Erects scaffolding or sets up ladders to perform tasks above ground level
- Maintains a clean, safe, work environment within area of responsibility
- High School diploma or trade school certificate. Preferably three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in specialty coatings or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Must possess thorough knowledge of paint, coating and wall covering properties (including wallpaper), capabilities and limitations
- Must possess effective interpersonal, teamwork and oral communication skills as well as be well-organized, orderly and attentive to detail
- Duties and responsibilities are typically performed in the back of house of the casino, which can be faced-paced with excessive noise. Also, there may be times where you will need to be on the Casino Floor or pass through this area. On the Casino Floor, you may be exposed to casino-related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Native American Preference Policy:
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
Seminole Gaming’s employment process requires candidates to obtain gaming licensure by successfully completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to beginning employment. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen