Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa
Travel & Recreation $ | Open
STEWARD - KITCHEN ADMIN
Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
The Steward is responsible for the daily operation of the department, including maintenance and cleanliness of food preparation area.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Take out trash, cleaning kitchen areas and equipment.
- Washing dishes, pots, pans, glassware (both by hand and by automated machine)
- 2-3 months of food service experience, preferably working in the kitchen.
Must possess attention to detail
Must have high standards of cleanliness
Must be able to lift up to 75lbs
Must be able to work standing for long periods of time.
- Duties and responsibilities are typically performed in the back of house of the casino, which can be faced-paced with excessive noise. Also, there may be times where you will need to be on the Casino Floor or pass through this area. On the Casino Floor, you may be exposed to casino-related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Native American Preference Policy:
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
Seminole Gaming’s employment process requires candidates to obtain gaming licensure by successfully completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to beginning employment. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen