Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa
Travel & Recreation $ | Open
FULL TIME COOKS (FINE DINING) - HARD ROCK TAMPA
Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
Under the direction of the Fine Dining Sous Chef, the incumbent maintains standards established by the Executive Chef in the preparation and presentation of food including tasting, presentation, and sanitation.
OVERVIEW OF PROPERTY RESTAURANTS:
• Hard Rock Café – American Classics
• Noodle Bar at Jubao Palace – Asian Noodle Bar
• Rise Kitchen & Bakery – 24hr Casual Dining
• Fresh Harvest Buffet – 7 Live-Action Kitchens
• Rock 'N Raw – Sushi & Raw Bar
• Council Oak Steaks & Seafood – Properties' Premier Fine Dining Steakhouse
• The Rez Grill - chef-driven menu and down-to-earth vibe, this upscale but accessible American grill epitomizes fine dining done casually
Check out more information about our property restaurants by visiting: https://www.seminolehardrocktampa.com/dining
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assists the Sous Chef and Cook in quality and portion control of product.
- Must be flexible and able to work all kitchen areas.
- Promotes positive customer relations; handles guest complaints.
- Assist other line employees with daily responsibilities.
- Prepare production in accordance with established standards set by Restaurant Chef.
- Sees to the proper labeling, rotation, storage temperature and environment required..
- Strive to eliminate over-production and over-purchasing.
- Maintain quality inventory control of your production.
- Ensure that production and storage areas are maintained in accordance with city and state health department codes.
- Promotes positive public/employee relations at all times.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area responsibility.
- Minimum of Two (2) to Three (3) years of experience working in a high volume Fine Dining Kitchen.
- Duties and responsibilities are typically performed in the back of house of the casino, which can be faced-paced with excessive noise. Also, there may be times where you will need to be on the Casino Floor or pass through this area. On the Casino Floor, you may be exposed to casino-related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Native American Preference Policy:
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
Seminole Gaming’s employment process requires candidates to obtain gaming licensure by successfully completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to beginning employment. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen