Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa
Travel & Recreation $ | Open
FINE DINING HOST(ESS) - PART TIME
Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
The Host(ess) is responsible for welcoming and greeting guests at restaurant, obtains information from guests and ushers guests to seats ensuring a positive guest experience in our Fine Dining Restaurant Outlets. These include:
- Council Oak Steaks & Seafood
- Cipresso Italian Retaurant
- The Rez Grill
- VIP Lounge
Check out more information about our property restaurants by visiting: http://www.seminolehardrocktampa.com/tampa-restaurants.
After your application is submitted, if we are interested in considering you for a FINE DINING RESTAURANT position you will be contacted by the Food & Beverage Department to discuss your background and see where you may fit best!
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
•Greets guest at entrance to restaurant in a positive manner.
•Obtains basic information from guest such as name, number in party, and seating preferences.
•Ushers guests to seat location at a pace that is comfortable to the guests.
•Promotes positive guest/employee relations.
•Conducts themselves in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations, and Seminole Tribe of Florida/departmental policies and procedures.
•Other assignments as directed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 6 months experience in high volume food service or customer service preferred, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Ability to deliver a service level which creates an atmosphere that makes our guests want to return, giving each guest a positive, memorable entertainment experience.
- Commitment to routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment of position responsibilities in an effort to play a role in the achievement of organizational goals.
- Must present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional appearance.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
- Duties and responsibilities are typically performed on the Casino Floor in a fast-paced, guest-smoking environment, with constant exposure to general public and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear; and, bending, stooping and carrying/ handling/moving weights of up to 25 pounds is also required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Native American Preference Policy:
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
Seminole Gaming’s employment process requires candidates to obtain gaming licensure by successfully completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to beginning employment. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen