Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa
Travel & Recreation $ | Open
SOUS CHEF - STEAKHOUSE
Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
Whether you want to make your debut or go back on tour after a long hiatus, starting a career at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa can feel more like play than work. This expansive property is the premier entertainment destination of Central Florida & features high stakes table games along with thousands of the hottest slot machines. Owned & operated by the Seminole Tribe of Florida, this electrifying casino destination boasts rock star amenities at its AAA Four Diamond rated hotel ranging from seven award-winning Zagat-rated restaurants, a newly renovated Rock Spa® & Salon and VIP services galore.
Our Commitment to Service:
We don’t have customers, we have Guests. Unparalleled Service isn’t just a part of our mission statement at Seminole Gaming; it’s a commitment to each and every one of our current & future Guests. Our staff spends their time making sure that every single one of our guests gets the rock star treatment, but the Seminole Hard Rock family also rolls out the red carpet for our employees with competitive benefits & a great work environment.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer rockin' benefits that include Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurances, 401K, Paid time off, Annual Bonus Opportunity & much more! Please visit http://www.gotoworkhappy.com/benefits to see our full list of benefits!
How we look & appear to each guest provides an important impression of our Company. Non-permitted guidelines include unnatural hair color, visibly explicit or offensive tattoos, facial tattoos, ear piercings that alter the shape and/or size of the ear, any visible body or facial piercings other than two (2) piercings per ear, facial hair longer than ½ inch in length or mustaches that extend past ¼ inch below the upper lip. Please note this list is not all-inclusive, as well as exceptions to these rules may apply for certain departments.
Under the direction of the Restaurant Chef, the incumbent, on a daily basis, consults with the Executive Chef and Restaurant Chef regarding recipes, staff, menus, preparation and presentation. Supervises daily operations of kitchen.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for scheduling employees.
- Consults employees on daily responsibilities, following their progress in completing tasks time-frame allotted to ensure proper production.
- Controls production levels in order to minimize waste and advising Chef of progress.
- Implements operations, standards and procedures established by Chef including sanitation, tasting of products and presentation.
- Ensure all food is prepared in accordance with operation standards.
- Interact with guest as much as possible to create a memorable experience
- Assist other line employees with daily responsibilities.
- Strive to eliminate over-production and over-purchasing.
- Ensure all food items are produced in accordance with established standards in respect to preparation, storage and accountability.
- Ensure that production and storage areas are maintained in accordance with city and state health department codes.
- Promotes positive public/employee relations at all times.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area responsibility.
- Minimum of Four (4) to Five (5) years of experience working in a high volume kitchen
- Duties and responsibilities are typically performed in the back of house of the casino, which can be faced-paced with excessive noise. Also, there may be times where you will need to be on the Casino Floor or pass through this area. On the Casino Floor, you may be exposed to casino-related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Native American Preference Policy:
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
Seminole Gaming’s employment process requires candidates to obtain gaming licensure by successfully completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to beginning employment. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen