Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa
Travel & Recreation $ | Open
VIP AGENT - FRONT DESK
Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
Whether you want to make your debut or go back on tour after a long hiatus, starting a career at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa can feel more like play than work. This expansive property is the premier entertainment destination of Central Florida & features high stakes table games along with thousands of the hottest slot machines. Owned & operated by the Seminole Tribe of Florida, this electrifying casino destination boasts rock star amenities at its AAA Four Diamond rated hotel ranging from seven award-winning Zagat-rated restaurants, a newly renovated Rock Spa® & Salon and VIP services galore.
Our Commitment to Service:
We don’t have customers, we have Guests. Unparalleled Service isn’t just a part of our mission statement at Seminole Gaming; it’s a commitment to each and every one of our current & future Guests. Our staff spends their time making sure that every single one of our guests gets the rock star treatment, but the Seminole Hard Rock family also rolls out the red carpet for our employees with competitive benefits & a great work environment.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer rockin' benefits that include Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurances, 401K, Paid time off, Annual Bonus Opportunity & much more! Please visit http://www.gotoworkhappy.com/benefits to see our full list of benefits!
How we look & appear to each guest provides an important impression of our Company. Non-permitted guidelines include unnatural hair color, visibly explicit or offensive tattoos, facial tattoos, ear piercings that alter the shape and/or size of the ear, any visible body or facial piercings other than two (2) piercings per ear, facial hair longer than ½ inch in length or mustaches that extend past ¼ inch below the upper lip. Please note this list is not all-inclusive, as well as exceptions to these rules may apply for certain departments.
Under the direction of the Manager – VIP Services offers exceptional personalized service to guests in our high end areas. Provides a number of services, including concierge services and caters to a wide variety of requests from guests.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Delivers and maintains a maximum level of service.
- Balances multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Assign guest accommodations in accordance with current procedures.
- Create envelopes and Guest Keys ; Other duties may apply when requested via host
- Maintain open communication with VIP Services Representatives and VIP Check-In Agents and Managers to ensure our guest experience is seamless.
- Thoroughly understand and adhere to proper preregistration, pre-approved Butler list credit, applying comps check-cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Keeps informed of all new developments within the department.
- Checking out any vacant and clean (due out) rooms and changing statuses of rooms in the rack.
- Running alert date reports
- Ensure Lounge Space and Front desk Area are maintained
- Reviewing out-of-order and off-market rooms on a daily basis for validity.
- Answering incoming phone calls and responding to guest requests.
- Offering bell assistance to each guest upon arrival & departure and running applicable reports to verify correct room rates.
- Contributes to company-wide communication and best practices.
- Handle assigned bank properly and performs account postings.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel occupancy status, special events, in-house groups and other situations affecting the reception desk's daily operation.
- Accept same day and advance reservations as required.
- Process guest accounts upon check-out in an efficient and accurate manor.
- Coordinate with IRD team members to make sure our Coffee, Tea and Snack Credenza is stocked and maintained. Serve our guests in a timely manner should they want a beverage or snack.
- Works with safety as a priority, and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education required and 5 years or more front desk/hotel experience required or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Must possess strong mathematical skills specific to position responsibilities.
- Duties and responsibilities are typically performed in the Hotel Lobby area; a fast-paced, guest-smoking environment, with constant exposure to general public and excessive noise.
- Position requires ability to stand and walk 100% of the time. Extensive periods of data entry is required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Native American Preference Policy:
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
Seminole Gaming’s employment process requires candidates to obtain gaming licensure by successfully completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to beginning employment. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen