Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa
Travel & Recreation $ | Open
HOST - CASINO
Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
Whether you want to make your debut or go back on tour after a long hiatus, starting a career at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa can feel more like play than work. This expansive property is the premier entertainment destination of Central Florida & features high stakes table games along with thousands of the hottest slot machines. Owned & operated by the Seminole Tribe of Florida, this electrifying casino destination boasts rock star amenities at its AAA Four Diamond rated hotel ranging from seven award-winning Zagat-rated restaurants, a newly renovated Rock Spa® & Salon and VIP services galore.
Our Commitment to Service:
We don’t have customers, we have Guests. Unparalleled Service isn’t just a part of our mission statement at Seminole Gaming; it’s a commitment to each and every one of our current & future Guests. Our staff spends their time making sure that every single one of our guests gets the rock star treatment, but the Seminole Hard Rock family also rolls out the red carpet for our employees with competitive benefits & a great work environment.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer rockin' benefits that include Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurances, 401K, Paid time off, Annual Bonus Opportunity & much more! Please visit http://www.gotoworkhappy.com/benefits to see our full list of benefits!
How we look & appear to each guest provides an important impression of our Company. Non-permitted guidelines include unnatural hair color, visibly explicit or offensive tattoos, facial tattoos, ear piercings that alter the shape and/or size of the ear, any visible body or facial piercings other than two (2) piercings per ear, facial hair longer than ½ inch in length or mustaches that extend past ¼ inch below the upper lip. Please note this list is not all-inclusive, as well as exceptions to these rules may apply for certain departments.
This position is responsible for maintaining close ties and high levels of satisfaction with targeted Guests, in order to generate incremental gaming revenues.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains relationships and markets our gaming products and amenities to valued Guests.
- Greets Guests in the casino and participates in social events and special promotions.
- Issues Player’s Club cards and promotes the program and related promotions.
- Increases the growth of gaming revenues through development of a targeted Guest base.
- Updates Guest history for future visits.
- Ensures the protection of Guest’s rewards and credit lines.
- Effectively handles Guest complaints and discrepancies in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Provides special services to include food, beverage, transportation, cross-property events and Player’s Club programs.
- Responsible for marketing to predetermine active and inactive Guests by mail and phone to further develop brand loyalty and visitation to the casino and reports results of each.
- Assists in the development of incentive programs, host goals, special events and marketing programs.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all electronic gaming machines, player tracking systems, promotions, events, entertainment and general property information.
- Keeps informed of competitive promotions.
- Responds to Player’s Club letters and Guest service survey results and communicates that information to the appropriate department manager.
- Safeguards the confidential nature of all departmental and general property records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of experience as a Casino Host required
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required, college degree preferred.
- Must be computer literate and proficient with MS Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Fluency in languages other than English is preferred.
- Experience in casino and/or hotel environment required
- Experience in gaming machines and/or table games required
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills, team building and problem solving skills.
- Ability to deliver a service level that creates an atmosphere that makes our Guests want to return, giving each Guest a positive, memorable entertainment experience.
- Conducts themselves in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations, Seminole Tribe of Florida, and Player Development departmental policies and procedures.
- Commitment to routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment of position responsibilities in an effort to play a role in the achievement of organizational goals.
- Must present professional image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional image.
- Duties and responsibilities are typically performed on the Casino Floor in a fast-paced, guest-smoking environment, with constant exposure to general public and excessive noise. Must be able to tolerate stress related to serving customers in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be able and willing to work any shift, to include working evenings, weekends, and holidays, as well as long hours, when necessary
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to continuously maneuver around office and property, often standing for long hours.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Native American Preference Policy:
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
Seminole Gaming’s employment process requires candidates to obtain gaming licensure by successfully completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to beginning employment. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen