Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa
Travel & Recreation $ | Open
CHEF - AMERICAN GRILL
Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
The American Grill Chef is responsible for overseeing all of the kitchen operations in the restaurant outlet. This includes menu concepts, recipes, costs and production, training of personnel, management of the progressive disciplinary system, health and sanitation standards and preparation and presentation of food.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Directly communicates with all supervisors, sous chefs and line employees on a daily basis regarding needs, requirements and expectations.
- Institutes cost control procedures and standards of performance.
- Counsels, guides, trains, and instructs assigned personnel in the proper performance of their duties.
- Develops and implements operating standards, requirements, and expectations, where necessary.
- Provides project leadership and project management as assigned.
- Interacts with guests as much as possible creating a memorable experience.
- Monitors on a daily basis all aspects of food service in assigned area to ensure quality, sanitary preparation and presentation.
- Schedules all kitchen employees in assigned area.
- Orders and supplies outlet as needed.
- Implements and adheres to all sanitation guidelines.
- Promotes positive guest relations; handles customer complaints.
- Promotes positive guest/employee relations at all times.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
- Must adhere to the Seminole Tribe's Policies and Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of culinary management experience in a high-volume kitchen required.
- Culinary Arts degree preferred.
- Culinary experience in a casino, large hotel or resort preferred.
- Must be able to analyze Food and Beverage data and have proven ability to reduce food costs.
- Must possess strong leadership skills to coach, counsel, guide, train, and instruct assigned personnel in the proper performance of their duties.
- Must have strong administrative skills and computer skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate and deliver a high quality of product and a high level of service to our guests.
- Must have clear, effective, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Can interface effectively with FOH staff to produce a positive guest experience.
- Duties and responsibilities are typically performed in the back of house of the casino, which can be faced-paced with excessive noise. Also, there may be times where you will need to be on the Casino Floor or pass through this area. On the Casino Floor, you may be exposed to casino-related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Native American Preference Policy:
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
Seminole Gaming’s employment process requires candidates to obtain gaming licensure by successfully completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to beginning employment. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen