Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa
Travel & Recreation $ | Open
SUPERVISOR - SLOT
Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
The Slot Supervisor is responsible for assisting Slot Department management in all phases of Slot Operations.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervises the operation of slot machines and performance of slot floor staff during assigned shift in compliance with Slot Department Policy & Procedures, ensuring guest service is provided to Slot players within assigned area
- Organizes the assigned shift and area including, daily employee assignments, employee break schedules and staffing levels. Assist in assigning slot floor staff to ensure staff levels appropriate to business need
- Responsible for ensuring maximum guest service and satisfaction through the organization and supervision of assigned area according to policies and procedures and gaming regulations
- Performs coaching and personnel counseling as assigned by Shift Manager. Assists in training and evaluating of subordinate employees in a fair and equitable manner
- Ensures assigned slot floor staff responds to guest service requests, machine service lights, radio service calls or management service instruction
- Verifies slot pay outs. Strives to meet revenue goals by ensuring all slot machines are in working order. Notifies slot maintenance of repair
- Promotes positive guest service for an excellent gaming experience serving as an ambassador to the property and working closely with other departments to resolve guest inquiries
- Promotes positive employee relations at all times
- Keeps Slot Shift Manager informed of all pertinent business information, staff issues/concerns and any irregularities in play
- Continually observes players and machines for honest play. Safeguard against theft and ensures the security and integrity of all casino property
- Promotes all departmental and property-wide promotions
- Maintains a clean, safe hazard-free work environment within the area of responsibility
- Maintains communication and cooperation with other shifts and departments
- All other job related duties assigned by shift manager and/or director
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Six months of progressive supervisory or dual-rate experience in slot operations is essential to this position
- An equivalent combination of prior slot experience and closely related supervisory experience may provide a qualified background
- Must possess the ability to act in a leadership capacity within a fast-paced and goal-oriented environment
- Requires tact and diplomacy in dealing with the public and staff, as well as the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of classified information
- Requires knowledge of a wide range of Slot Machines, Video Poker and Keno
- Must be competent with various PC based software programs and possess excellent business sense and high professional ethics
- Must be able to work various shifts and flexible hours
- Duties and responsibilities are typically performed on the Casino Floor in a fast-paced, guest-smoking environment, with constant exposure to general public and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.