Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
The Upholsterer is responsible for repairing and rebuilding upholstered furniture.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Removes, repairs or replaces covering, webbing, padding, springs and ornamentation
- Fabricates templates from Plexiglas; measures and cuts new covering cloth
- Repairs as needed wooden frame of work piece; refinishes wooden surfaces
- Replaces webbing and springs or reties springs
- Installs cloth covering over frame on inside and outside of arms and back, seat; sews or tacks ornamental trim to cover or frame
- Operates sewing machine to seam cushions and join various sections of covering material
- Monitors stock of supplies, tools and equipment and requisitions for replenishment as appropriate
- Monitors upholstered stools and other pieces throughout facility for damage and obvious wear
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility
- Reupholster/repair Casino Table Games rails
- Replace Casino Table Games felt layouts
- Install, remove and/or work on all equipment found on Casino Gaming Tables
- High school diploma or trade school certificate required. A minimum of three to five years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience preferred
- Must be detail oriented and well-organized
- Must have good eye/hand coordination as well as fine motor hand and wrist movements
- Duties and responsibilities are typically performed in the back of house of the casino, which can be faced-paced with excessive noise. Also, there may be times where you will need to be on the Casino Floor or pass through this area. On the Casino Floor, you may be exposed to casino-related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Native American Preference Policy:
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
Seminole Gaming’s employment process requires candidates to obtain gaming licensure by successfully completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to beginning employment. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen