Surveillance Technician I- Tampa
Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
SURVEILLANCE TECHNICIAN I
SEMINOLE TRIBAL GAMING COMMISSION
NATURE OF WORK
This is a highly responsible technical work in the continuous operation of the Surveillance Department of the Seminole Tribal Gaming Commission (STGC). The incumbent is responsible for maintaining and repairing the surveillance equipment as well as performing various special projects. Emphasis of the work is on assuring the maximum efficiency, reliability, and integrity of the surveillance recording digital system. The individual exercises a high degree of initiative, judgment, and professionalism in the overall operation of the Surveillance Technical Department. Supervision and general direction is received from the Surveillance Technician II, Surveillance Technical Supervisor or Technical Manager, Surveillance Manager, and/or the Executive Director. This is a non-exempt position
The listed duties are only illustrative and are not intended to describe every function that may be performed by this position. The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed, if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
- Reports directly to SurveillanceTechnician II any problems or concerns that directly affect the surveillance department and its operations.
- Composes and maintains weekly reports of work completed, projects, and special events.
- Carries out preventive maintenance for all surveillance equipment (workstation computers, joysticks, keyboards, cameras, network switches, servers and recording connected components, wiring, server racks, server room, and technical office).
- Performs installation of cameras, servers and connected components, running and dressing of wires, and wire termination.
- Performs configuring and programming of surveillance recording system components as directed by Technician II.
- Maintains maintenance logs and repair logs.
- Performs periodic visual inspections of the recording system to ensure continuous operation.
- Responds to emails and phone calls in a timely manner.
SURVEILLANCE TECHNICIAN I
- Maintains company issued tools and equipment.
- Maintains a general awareness of casino operations that concerns the surveillance technical department
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training sessions and other activities and events, as required.
- Adheres to all STOF policies and procedures. Adheres to the rules and regulations as set by the STGC and works within the guidelines of the ICS.
- Performs work related duties as required or directed by Surveillance Technician II, Surveillance Supervisor and Manager, and Executive Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- General knowledge of / or ability to learn the basic programming of servers, recording components, and network components.
- Ability to work independently or as a team with technical staff, surveillance staff, vendors, and operations personnel.
- Ability to receive directives and carry them out in a timely manner.
- Ability of operating one and two-man scissor lifts.
- Ability of safely operate various electric and manual hand tools.
- Ability to use ladders and work at various heights in ceilings.
- Ability to operate cable meters, low voltage meters, and monitor meters.
- Ability to troubleshoot all malfunctions of surveillance equipment.
- Ability to generate recommendations and make sound decisions for various issues concerning surveillance operations and equipment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality or classified / sensitive information.
- Ability to serve the STOF, the general public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in accordance with established rules and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, STOF officials.
SURVEILLANCE TECHNICIAN I
High School Diploma or equivalent GED is required. A minimum of three (3) years of experience in technical work with a general knowledge of the operations of network based surveillance recording systems or certification in networking or computer programming, is preferred. An equivalent combination of education/training and experience may be considered. Must be able to read, analyze, interpret various technical procedures. Ability to meet standards for a Key License and thereafter to pass random drug testing is required. Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrate good organizational skills and attention to detail. Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s License and ability to travel to all STOF Reservations and facilities is a requirement. Technician must be able to work flexible schedules including, evenings, weekends and holidays and required to be on call during off scheduled hours as assigned or needed. Due to the nature of the business, all applicants must be 21 years of age or older.
The position requires physical strength and agility sufficient to perform the assigned duties. Capable of lifting and/or carrying 50 lbs. Ability to use ladders and work at various heights in ceilings, is required. Ability to operate cable meters, low voltage meters, and monitor meters. Considerable manipulative skill and dexterity (reaching, bending, turning, and squatting) is required to assure the safe operation of the equipment and to safeguard nearby persons, property and moving traffic.
Work is typically performed in a clean, air-conditioned office environment. Work is also performed at times, on the casino floor, with exposure to casino-related environmental factors, including but not limited to, second hand smoke, low lighting, and excessive noise.Apply for this Job