Line Cook/Prep Cook
Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$13 - $15 Hourly
Reports to: General Manager/Department Manager
Our mission is to provide an innovative and entertaining dining experience which will compel our guests to become raving fans and create brand loyalty. Join us as a guest, leave as a friend. Line cooks are responsible for prepping ingredients and assembling dishes according company recipes and specifications. Kitchens can be hot, noisy and stressful places, so you'll need to be able to work efficiently and quickly to be successful as a line cook.
- Knowledge of basic restaurant hospitality and fully engaged, service minded attitude
- Food Safety certification, as state law requires
- Able to stand for 10 hours
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Good hearing for safety and accurate communication (with or without accommodation)
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English
- Must have reliable transportation
- Basic computer usage skills
- Must possess valid food safety certification or any other food/alcohol certification if required by state law
- Compliance with our dress and appearance policy including black slip resistant shoes
Responsibilities and Duties
- This position requires attendance as scheduled and policy and procedure compliance.
- Punch in, sign in and report to the General Manager/Department Manager on time.
- Check with Kitchen Manager/Manager for all specials. Preparation of lunch/dinner menu items, amount of prep, quality of product and cleanliness of area.
- Maintain a friendly, pleasant attitude at all times.
- Stock food products/equipment needed for station, clean, set/prepare service area 15 minutes prior to service to ensure the station is totally equipped for service.
- Avoid leaving the station during peak periods.
- Follow sanitation and safety procedures.
- 100% Recipe Adherence.
- 100% responsibility for the quality of product served as recipes and spec sheets.
- Maintains good cleaning habits in area of assignment, including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, tilt skillets, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top, range and refrigeration equipment.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offer suggestion for improvement.
- Maintains positive communication with fellow Team Members.
- Make certain all products needed to assure a smooth service period are well stocked.
- Rotate all perishable products properly.
- When closing, close properly following the checklist for your station. Assist others in closing the kitchen.
- Keep a clean and professional appearance at all times.
- Check with supervisor of duty regarding condition of station at end of shift.
- Passes all general and departmental tests with 90% grade or greater.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by manager/general manager/shift supervisor.
This position does not include any supervisory responsibilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.00 - $15.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Restaurant Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location