Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
23 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
Bern's Bar Program
Want to be a part of Tampa's best known restaurant? Family owned for over 60 years, Bern's isn't just locally known, we are known all across the world and are looking for great people. From aged steaks, too fine wines and caviar, you'll get a unique training that cannot be paralleled. If you're willing to work hard and put in the time, we're willing to teach you.
All of our bartenders start working an hourly position in the service bar in the kitchen. The hourly wage is supplemented by a tip-out from the front of house as well as a percentage of nightly sales. With tenure there is an opportunity to move into front of house positions with gratuity.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drink Preparation. The service bar is responsible for making almost all drinks for our guests including, but not limited to: cocktails, draft beers, bottled and canned beers, soft beverages, barista drinks, and house wines.
- Day-to-day activities of the position. Service bar employees also prepare fresh garnishes, squeeze fresh juice, rotate stock, keep areas clean, take out garbage, and use this time to gain an overall knowledge of how “we do things” to help them move forward.
- Shift Hours. Shifts start at 4:00 and usually end an hour after we close.
- Moving Ahead. The service bar is an entry level position that gets your foot in the door. Promotion from within can lead to moving forward in the bar program and working directly with guests, or even moving to other departments such as the wait staff or upstairs in our dessert room.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Bartending experience (preferred, but not required)
- Neat appearance
- Willingness to learn
- Open attitude to a unique way of doing things
- Able to work well with others
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Memorization skills
- Personable and able to interact with guests
- Attention to detail
- Night, Weekend and Holiday availability required
Benefits and Perks
- Bern’s is still family owned after all these years and it’s the sort of place that many people build their careers in the hospitality field
- Learning in one of the nation’s best restaurants
- Continuing hospitality education (guest speakers, brand ambassadors, product tastings, etc.)
- Full Time employees are eligible for Aflac, health, dental and vision insurance after 90 days with employer contributions based on tenure
- 401K retirement option available
- "Family First" corporate discount at all our locations except Bern’s Steak House
- Paid Vacation after one year of tenure
- One complimentary meal provided each shift
- Secure complimentary parking