Sacred Pepper in Tampa is seeking servers and wait staff.
Summary: The server is responsible for taking the guests through the key phase of their Sacred Pepper experience. As a Sacred Pepper Server, you assume the roles of a tour guide, communicator, decision-maker, and entertainer.
It is your responsibility to have full knowledge in all areas of food, beverage and service. Must be able to anticipate our guest’s needs and to provide each one with a positive dining experience, exhibiting genuine hospitality. Under the direction of the Manager, Assistant Manager(s) and/or Supervisor(s), incumbent serves food and beverage to restaurant guests ensuring a positive dining experience. We don’t have customers, we have Guests. Each visitor to the Sacred Pepper is our Guest, just as you have a Guest in your home. You take a certain level of pride when you have an invited Guest in your home. You should take the same pride with every Guest who visits Sacred Pepper. Unparalleled Service isn’t just a part of our mission statement at Sacred Pepper; it’s a commitment to each and every guest.
Duties and Responsibilities: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Prepares room for dining by setting tables and setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
• Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
• Helps patrons select food and beverages by presenting menu; offering cocktails and aperitifs; suggesting courses; explaining the chef's specialties; identifying appropriate wines; answering food preparation questions.
• Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording patrons' choices; identifying patrons' special dietary needs and special requests.
• Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression.
• Serves orders by picking up and delivering patrons' choices from bar and kitchen; delivering accompaniments and condiments from service bars.
• Responds to additional patron requirements by inquiring of needs; observing dining process.
• Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
• Concludes dining experience by acknowledging choice of restaurant; inviting patrons to return.
• Obtains revenues by totaling charges; issuing bill; accepting payment; delivering bill and payment returning change or credit card and signature slip to patrons.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Taking guests’ orders.
• Running food.
• Handling cash & other forms of payment.
• Making proficient sales transactions - using Aloha point-of-sale system.
• Properly checks I.D.s – for guests who appear to be under 30 years old.
• Demonstrating responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate management of concerns and observations.
• Demonstrating impeccable product knowledge.
• Utilize suggestive selling and upselling techniques.
• Answering questions - accurately and politely.
• Satisfying any/all needs of the guests - regularly double checking back with guests throughout their experience.
• Maintaining a clean & organized station – including pre-bussing & table maintenance.
• Performing opening, running & closing duties – setting up/breaking down station, refilling condiments, etc.
• Demonstrating knowledge of all table/station numbers.
• Directing guests to areas & restrooms.
• Creating memorable experiences.
• Embrace and celebrate Sacred Pepper’s Culture.
• Guest interaction.
• Following all uniform guidelines.
• Recycling products, where possible.
• Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other team members to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum team member morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
• Other duties as directed.
• Willingness and ability to take initiative.
• Practice necessary safety measure.
• Conflict resolution.
• Computer and technology literacy.
• Follows all food safety & sanitation procedures.
• Food safety certification program is required to be completed before being able to serve food or alcohol, which may include a food handler’s card.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Stress tolerance.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Customer oriented with a strong commitment to customer services, customer relations, satisfaction, and the total customer experience.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Able to remain standing for long periods of time and walking around for up to 7 hours per shift.
• Ability to work under pressure amid distractions and interruptions.
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent math, money handling and reading skills.
• Having a friendly and courteous manner.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education: High School Diploma/GED with 1-2 years’ experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret general information. Ability to effectively respond to questions from customers, vendors, and the general public.
Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages and volumes.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instruction and make sound decisions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical stamina. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stands during entire shift.
• Walks and stands during entire shift.
• Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop, climb or balance, and wipe
• Frequent washing of hands.
• Must have clear communication and listening skills.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
• use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms
• Hazards may include, but are not limited to, slipping and tripping
• Be able to taste or smell.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Lifting & transporting up to 25-pound dining chairs, booster seats, high chairs, and food/drink orders (from Bar & Kitchen to guests’ tables) – if applicable, emptying trash cans weighing up to 100 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• The Restaurant environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to Restaurant related environmental factors including, but not limited to excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
Should be able to consistently reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to kneel, crouch, crawl, stoop, and bend. The employee must also be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25- 50 pounds.
Employee works in a fast-paced high volume work environment.