Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
18 days ago
$13 - $16 Hourly
IMMEDIATE OPENING for an experienced and professional PREP COOK at Mekenita Cantina in Seminole Heights. Five days per week, 8 hour days. Typical schedule 8am - 4pm, occasional night shifts. Great option for someone that loves the restaurant business but wants nights off.
Must have fantastic knife skills! Ideal candidate will have line cook experience as well and be available to fill in for line cooks when needed or jump on the line for heavy volume lunch shifts.
Competitive hourly wages. CLOSED EVERY SUNDAY, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. Flexible hours, ability to have good life balance while working within the restaurant industry.
Come join the team at Mekenita Cantina. We are a busy, fast paced, family owned and chef driven restaurant looking for a line cook that is engaged, has high standards of excellence and ready to work. Our team is fun, supportive, upbeat and excited to meet you! Awesome opportunity to increase your culinary expertise.
Must have reliable transportation, good references, and previous experience in a fast paced kitchen.
The Mekenita Cantina CULINARY TEAM possess the following skills:
* solid knowledge of cooking procedures, measurements, and culinary terms - we make it ALL from scratch!
* desire and ability to prepare all dishes with speed, accuracy and consistent presentation
* exceptional organizational skills
* fast and accurate knife skills
* willingness to assist in all positions when necessary, learn new skills and seek opportunities for growth
* strong communication and leadership traits - ability to follow direction but also capable of directing and inspiring the team in all company performance principles
* enthusiasm and excellence expressed in all aspects of the job
* ability to stand for extended periods of time, lift up to 50 lbs., able to bend, reach, twist and have continual use of hands and arms.
* knowledge of and ability to operate kitchen equipment in a safe manner
* strict adherence to sanitation standards and health department codes
* maturity and overall ability to arrive to work on time, complete required tasks and show professionalism and dependability in each aspect of the job with unwavering commitment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $16.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location