Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
The Line Cook works as a member of the Back of House Team to prepare, season, cook and plate food products to required specifications. Line Cooks are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and maintenance of general kitchen areas and equipment.
• Adhere to plate and recipe specifications for all menu items.
• Adhere to all company, state, and local food-handling practices.
• Ensure all food products are cooked sufficiently, using methods such as temping with thermometers.
• Quickly and correctly portion, arrange, and garnish menu items.
• Regulate the temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and fryers.
• Season and cook food according to recipes or specification.
• Substitute for or assist other Line Cooks during peak business periods.
• Adhere to timing standards for products and service.
• Show a sense of urgency by following timing guidelines.
• Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
• Maintain a spotlessly clean, safe and sanitary work station.
• Complete the daily and weekly cleaning duties.
• Previous Restaurant experience desired.
• Complete a five day training program which includes classroom, observation, on-the-job and testing.
• Passing of final testing and management evaluation prior to assuming job responsibilities.
• Must be able to clearly communicate with Team Members and Managers.
• Must be able to read tickets and modifications.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member will be regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The Team Member will be occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The Team Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Brick House Tavern + Tap is an Equal Opportunity employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veterans status, in accordance with 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5(a