Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
15 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (Key Tasks and Responsibilities)
• Reports to work as indicated on the work schedule and in the correct uniform. Practices positive personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
• Correctly sets-up bar and completes all opening/sidework duties to include: cleaning, stocking, checking and achieving par levels, making bulk recipes and preparing all items for the bar.
• Orders, requisitions and stocks all liquor, beverage and other bar supplies according to procedures established in the restaurant.
• Mixes and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for bar and dining room guests while adhering to all RCSH specifications, recipes and procedures.
• Greets all bar guests immediately, makes suggestions and answers questions regarding food, beverages and service. Practices salesmanship to enhance the dining experience. Uses guests’ names regularly throughout the beverage service.
• Takes, records and rings all food and beverage items ordered by bar guests. Prepares beverages for the service staff only upon receipt of a computer beverage ticket.
• Observes bar guests to ensure that guests are satisfied with food, beverages and service; immediately recognizes and responds to any guest’s needs and/or requests.
• Maintains cleanliness and organization of the bar counter, back bar, bar work areas, shelving and storage areas up to RCSH standards.
• Adheres to and complies with all state/local liquor laws and RCSH policies regarding the service of alcoholic beverages.
• Practices teamwork by assisting fellow employees whenever possible, to enhance our guests’ dining experience.
• Communicates to the Manager On Duty any and all situations where a guest may express concern or dissatisfaction with any aspect of the dining experience.
• Correctly presents the guest check and processes payment for all food and beverages sold.
• Performs the cashiering function for the service staff and restaurant.
• Performs all duties and maintains knowledge of all standards and procedures, as stated in the RCSH Employee Training Packet – Bartender.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (Minimum qualifications needed to perform essential job functions)
• Must be able to lift, handle and carry beverage items, supplies, glass racks, smallwares and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Must have a good sense of balance, be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach and squat on a frequent basis to obtain and store food, beverage items, smallwares and service equipment.
• Must be able to constantly stand and exert well-paced mobility for a period up to four hours in length.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively to supervisors, employees and guests.
• Must be able to continuously use fingers to bilaterally operate point-of-sale equipment, prepare and serve food/beverage items