Category: Food Service And Restaurant
Job Type: Full Time
30 days ago
$ - $ Hourly
It's your people-pleasing personality and friendly attitude greeting each guest and assisting them with all payments, purchases and any feedback they may have that will make for their positive experience.
We are looking for a Host or Hostess to join our team and be the first point of contact for our guests.
Host/Hostess responsibilities include greeting guests, providing accurate wait times and escorting customers to the dining areas. For this role, you should have solid organizational and people skills to make sure our guests have a positive dining experience from the moment they arrive till their departure. You should also be available to work in shifts.
Ultimately, you’ll ensure we provide excellent customer service and a pleasant dining experience to our guests.
- Welcome guests to Village Inn with a smile and warm greeting
- Provide accurate wait times and monitor waiting lists
- Escort customers to assigned dining or bar areas
- Provide menus and announce Waiter/Waitress’s name
- Greet customers upon their departure
- Coordinate with wait staff about available seating options
- Maintain a clean reception area
- Cater to guests who require extra attention (e.g. children, elderly)
- Answer incoming calls and address customers’ queries
- Assist wait staff as needed
- Previous work experience as a Host/Hostess
- Understanding of restaurant etiquette
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations
- Demonstrable customer-service skills
- Excellent communication skills (via phone and in-person)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to monitor the entire dining and bar area
- Availability to work in shifts as needed
- Good physical condition to walk and stand during an entire shift