Beginning in June 2012, when four pool playing friends sat down together to discuss opening an upscale billiards hall, little did the guys know a few short years later they'd have not only the original location in Lakeland but a second billiards hall in Tampa with demand for more! The original idea was to operate a pool hall a husband could bring his wife to, a billiards player would love and a place where a connoisseur of fine wines, liquor, and craft beer could enjoy a glass. Well, their idea worked!
Brewlands Bar & Billiards Carrollwood, a non-smoking, upscale Billiards Hall and sports bar in Tampa boasts 22 Brunswick tables at 8' and 9' ft., 8 Phoenix dart boards, 30 HDTV's, full liquor and 36 beers on draft served from an 85' Granite bar.
The People behind the Brewlands Brand
- .Larry Walthall and Michael Dauskart have been in the billiards business a combined 37 years as both a bartender and general manager. Both began shooting pool at a young age and are considered top players in Florida.
- Stuart McMartin currently owns 200+ properties in Scotland, Spain, France, Canada and the USA. Although relatively new to the billiards business, Stuart's drive and desire to learn has helped create the perfect atmosphere for players of all skill levels.
- Chad Clement owns small loan companies. Chad started shooting pool at a young age but stopped to concentrate on his family. Taking up the sport again in 2011 he turned to Larry and Michael for lessons. Something clicked, because Chad placed 17th in the APA National Singles Championships in 2013 and 17th in Scotch Doubles APA National 8-ball Doubles Championships 2014. Chad retired 3 months ago.
Besides being a non-smoking billiards hall in Tampa, Brewlands Bar & Billiards strictly enforces a dress code. Notably, all guests must have on a shirt and shoes, gentlemen must wear a shirt with sleeves (no tank tops), and pants must stay on the waist. Ladies need to leave their boy shorts and short skirts at home if they plan on shooting billiards. Also verboten are sports bras, bikini tops and tube tops alone, they are OK under a shirt or pullover.
If you are looking to join a league Brewlands offers a few options, visit their web page for information on how to join the APA and TAP Leagues. Brewlands offers special league pricing to members. Brewlands supports competitive play, recently hosting a youth billiards program to qualify players for regional, national, and world junior championships.
Brewlands is More than Just Pool
Set to carry NFL Ticket, catch the game on any one of 30 HDTV's inside and on the patio while you enjoy a cold brew from their rotating tap list. They even carry $2 PBR on draft! Expect NFL watch parties this fall with drink specials and Touchdown Shots!
Shoot a game of darts on one of Brewlands 8 Phoenix dart boards. Phoenix boards are soft tip and incorporate video into your experience. You can shoot darts with an opponent across the world through dual cameras, and see their turn at the board on dual monitors.
Happy Hours and Food
- Sunday Happy Hour includes $3.50 mimosas and their Award-Winning $5+ Bloody Marys, $5 pp pool Enjoy Happy Hour till 7 pm ~ hours are extended for the military, first responders, and hospitality personnel with proof.
- Monday Happy Hour is all night with $2.75 domestic, $3.25 wells, $4.75 craft beers and $5 pp pool.
- Wednesday: C.A.B.A (Carrollwood Area Business Assoc.) members can enjoy Happy Hour all night, and BOGO deals on drinks.
- Friday is Fireball Friday with $4 Fireballs All Night, $4 Summer Shandy and $2 PBR Drafts
Related Content: Rewind and Recap Sunday's Bloody Mary Festival
This upscale billiards hall in Tampa offers a small but tasty menu of typical pub favorites and will include chicken wings during Football Season.
The Pulled Pork Panini at $7.95 is great, slow smoked Boston pork butt, hand-pulled with a thick molasses BBQ sauce, aged sharp cheddar cheese, and chopped slaw. We also tried the Loaded Pool Hall Nachos for $5.95, crispy corn tortillas with melted aged sharp cheddar, chopped lettuce, diced red onion, spicy jalapeno, salsa. We added sour cream for $0.50, and Texas chili for $2.00. Our other choices were Fire Braised Chicken or Hand Pulled Smoked Pork for $2.00. We also liked the rock salt crusted Bavarian pretzel sticks served with aged sharp cheddar cheese sauce.
During the time we spent exploring Brewlands we were thinking 'venue'! This billiards hall in Tampa is the perfect place for a party, team building, birthdays, bachelor and bachelorette parties or a fundraiser. As fast as this year is flying by we are thinking Holiday Party! If you are interested in putting a date on it email email@example.com, she is also the person to contact if you are a local sports team looking for support!
If you are interested in visiting this upscale billiards hall in Tampa, their hours are Monday - Friday 2 pm to 3 am and Saturday and Sunday noon to 3 am. Brewlands is Family-Friendly until 8 pm. Find them at 4802 Gunn Hwy #108 in Tampa.