November 28th is National French Toast Day, celebrating a popular dish that dates back to the 4th/5th century and is enjoyed all around the world. In honor of this day, here are 5 great restaurants to indulge in some quality french toast in the Tampa area.
1) Daily Eats: A popular brunch spot in South Tampa with a variety of popular options from Coconut Crusted French Toast (make sure to add coconut cream cheese) to their Oreo Cookie French Toast. Another popular dish is the Captain Crunch French Toast, which is sweet enough to skip the syrup. Plenty of options for the breakfast food explorer.
2) Pach's Place: One of the best and most affordable breakfast spots in town. An order of french toast with two strips of bacon or one sausage patty and one egg any style only costs $3.95.
3) Pinky's Diner: Where else can you get Stuffed Cuban French Toast which consists of sliced Cuban bread layered with homemade berry cream cheese, topped with fresh fruit and powdered sugar? Tampa residents love their Cuban bread! Pinky's has been named Best Breakfast in Tampa 5 years in a row by Creative Loafing. Bonus points for serving good coffee and food. Most people rave it has some of the best coffee ever.
4) Boca Kitchen Bar and Market: One of the quality restaurants in town that uses ingredients from local farmers. Check out the Bourbon and Maple Laced French Toast which featured maple mascarpone and macerated farm fresh berries during brunch.
5) Nicki's Omelette and Grill: Rated one of the best french toast joints in town, Nicki's french toast is cooked with their own homemade bread. The omelette selection is also vast, including the Catalina which features plenty of one of my favorite ingredients: bacon!
Did I miss a great french toast spot? Leave a comment and let me know your favorite place for some french toast or "Cock-A-Doodle-Do" as they call it in Georgia.