Upcoming Events at
Green & Gold Gala 2020
at Florida Aquarium
WHERE CAN YOU FIND … penguins, iguanas, alligators and plenty of BULLS? Listen to the great live music of three bands, including The Black Honkeys, bid on one-of-a-kind silent and live auction items, and enjoy great food and drinks -- all in one place?
Splash Back to the 90's - 21+ Party
at Florida Aquarium
Oh snap, it’s time to break out the neon windbreakers and butterfly clips and celebrate 25 years of The Florida Aquarium with a Splash Back to the 90’s party on Saturday, March 21.
Jan 25, 2020 | 9:30 AM | Saturday
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Ahoy there, mateys!
Ready yer sea legs and leave the landlubbers behind as you join us on a swashbuckling adventure as we travel across the waters of Hillsborough Bay to meet the Pirate Ship Jose Gaspar and the Pirate Invasion Flotilla at Ballast Point and invade the City of Tampa. From there, we'll begin our journey among the colorful Gasparilla Flotilla into Seddon Channel (channel between Davis Island and Harbour Island), and break away to Sparkman Channel to dock back at The Florida Aquarium.
All hands are expected at The Florida Aquarium at 9:30 a.m. to enjoy a hearty breakfast. Boarding starts at 10:15 a.m. and departs at 10:30 a.m. sharp!
• Welcome breakfast at 9:30 a.m. –features scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits with gravy and pastries along with Mimosas and Bloody Mary’s
• 2.5 hours of sailing alongside the pirate flotilla
• Spectacular Views of the invasion
• Brunch features Cuban Sliders, Chicken Empanadas, Pretzel Sticks with jalapeno cheddar beer cheese dip; cheese board and fruit. Followed by chips with assorted dips, pirate themed snack mix, cookies and brownies.
• The Bay Spirit Bar which includes Deluxe Beer, Wine, Mimosas, Bloody Mary’s and Soda and deluxe Spirits: Cruzan Rum, New Amsterdam Vodka, Tanqueray Gin, Camarena Tequila, Jim Beam Bourbon, Dewars White Label Scotch Whiskey, and Captain Morgan Spiced Rum.
Board: 10:15 a.m.
Cruise: 10:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Adult: $165.00 per person (21+ only)
Casual attire or pirate garb!
Tickets for this date are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE to another date. No Discounts, Vouchers, Certificates, Comps of any kind may be used for this cruise.
The Bay Spirit will not be following the flotilla to the Tampa Convention Center due to boat traffic and safety. The Florida Aquarium is a 15 minute walk to the downtown parade route and is located along the TECO Line Streetcar System route (http://tecolinestreetcar.org), which is free to ride.