The 38th Annual Tampa Greek Food Festival Nov. 8, 9, & 10 serves authentic, homemade Greek dishes & desserts in a family-fun atmosphere of dancing, live music, & Mediterranean open-air shopping! This community event attracts over 8,000 people each year!
WHEN: Nov 8, 9, & 10th
Friday: Noon – 10 p.m.
Saturday: 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Sunday: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
WHERE: St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church
2418 W. Swann Avenue, Tampa, FL 33609
WHY: The Tampa Greek Festival has been a staple in the Tampa Bay community for 38 years! With its rich culture, heritage and faith, the festival draws more than 8,000 people to St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church in South Tampa’s Hyde Park neighborhood year after year.
What better way to spend the weekend than satisfying your cravings for Greek lamb, gyros, herb lemon chicken and many more delicious authentic Greek dishes? St. John's famous finishing touches, such as Baklava, Kourambiedes, Koulourakia, and many other famous Greek pastry treats, are a tasty excuse to stay just a little longer and enjoy live music until closing.
Come and enjoy the sights and sounds of Greece:
• Greek Cuisine. Outstanding food & scrumptious pastries.
● Greek Café. Made-to-order Greek coffee.
● Live Music. Live music by Greek Bouzouki band, John Demas & the Omega Project.
● Dance Performances. St. John’s Glendi Dance Groups perform around-the-clock.
● Greek Market. The Bakaliko, or “neighborhood market,” features traditional pantry items essential to every well-stocked Greek kitchen.
● Shopping. The Mediterranean Open Air Market showcases jewelry, clothes, and more.
● Children’s Play Zone.
● Church Tours. Guided tours of St. John’s give visitors an opportunity to experience the luminescent iconography and symbolism of this ancient Christian faith. Tours led by Father Stavros Akrotirianakis and Pastoral Assistant Charlie Hambos.
● Choir Performances. St. John Choral Program– Hymns of an Orthodox liturgical service.
● Full Bar. Full Bar with signature Greek drinks.
● Raffle. Win a new BMW (up to 30,000 USD credit with Morgan Automotive) or 20,000 USD in cash! Limit 1,000 tickets.
Each year, St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church shares its blessings with the Tampa community by giving a portion of festival proceeds to charity.
Tampa Greek Festival Press Release Cont.:
We support LifePath Hospice, whose mission is to provide quality pallia