Gasparilla Season and Spring Break are headed towards a collision course as March approaches, and the Gasparilla International Film Festival 2018 returns once again. Ever wonder what this event entails and how many local, statewide and national films participate in the annual festival? What to witness innovative and independent films while learning from the best filmmakers in the festival circuit right in your backyard? Then look no further as we dive into the 5 W's (Who, What, When, Where, and Why) of the 12th Annual Gasparilla International Film Festival, and what to expect from what has become the signature cinema event in Tampa Bay from March 20th-25th.
The Gasparilla International Film Festival 2018 is presented by Suncoast Credit Union is run by the nonprofit Tampa Film Institute, Inc. A cultural arts institution, The Tampa Film Institute strives to inspire, educate and entertain Tampa's diverse population through events, community outreach, and social awareness. The First Annual Gasparilla International Film Festival was held in 2007, and the event has hosted thousands of filmmakers, talent producers, and film connoisseurs from around the country with regional premieres, national premieres and world premieres all a part of the program. It's a major part of the initiative to bring arts, education and quality film to the Tampa Bay Area.
The Gasparilla International Film Festival is a six-day event featuring industry panels, parties, virtual reality showcases, spotlight showings, and over 150 films in competition. A staple event in the Gasparilla season, the festival has a variety of passes for the attendee that aspires to be a filmmaker and learn from the best, to the patron who wants to watch one film or all of them in support of great cinema. The pricing breakdown is as follows:
- All Film Screening Pass, $150: Grants you access to all film screenings at the Gasparilla International Film Festival
- Red Carpet All Access For 2, $1,500: An all-access pass for two patrons that offers front of the line benefits to all films and events throughout the festival. Red Carpet members also receive invites to special events.
- Producer Package, $250: Includes a ticket to the Opening and Closing Night Receptions, a screening pass, and entry to any after-hours social.
- Executive Producer Package for 2, $500: Includes all of the Producer Package benefits for two patrons and bonus Filmmaker Lounge Access.
- Weekend Film Package, $75: Valid for all films screened from Friday thru Sunday including the Closing Night Film
- Weekday Film Package, $75: Valid for all films screened from Tuesday thru Thursday including the Opening Night Film.
- Tampa Bay Jewish Film Festival All Access Pass, $100: Grants you access to all of the Tampa Bay Jewish Film Festival showings at the Gasparilla Film Festival.
Purchasing a pass also grants benefits such as priority entry to film screenings (no lines!), 10% off merchandise and much more! If you're planning on seeing any more than one film it's definitely worth the price. Single film tickets will also be available at the box office or online.
The Gasparilla International Film Festival will be held for six days starting with the Opening Night Party and Film on Tuesday, March 20th and ending with the Gasparilla International Film Festival - Closing Night Film and Gasparilla International Film Festival - Skyy Vodka Closing Night Party on Sunday, March 25th. A specific schedule of events will be updated on the website as films and events are finalized.
Featured films, parties and events will be held at various locations across the Tampa Bay Area including Tampa Theatre, HCC Ybor, Muvico Centro Ybor, Centennial Park and much more. Keep it here at 813area as we will update all locations as they become available and confirmed.
To further support the film industry in the Tampa Bay Area and see the films, actors, producers, designers and filmmakers in a local festival before they break out into the major film industry! The Gasparilla International Film Festival has been a staple in our area and attracts film buffs from all over the state and country. It's a highly recommended event to attend to witness talent in Tampa Bay's emerging film industry and watch innovative movies.
As more information on events and locations are solidified we will update this article, so if you have any interest in the Gasparilla International Film Festival, stay notified and subscribe to 813area; as always it is free!