Falling back to Standard Time is always interesting. Most of us do not like giving up Daylight Savings Time yet the extra hour of sleep is nice, as long as you don't have pets or kids who fail to grasp the concept. We scramble around resetting clocks and frantically push, twist and pull every button on the dashboard trying to remember HOW to reset the car clock. Many of us have older relatives who will remind us what time it REALLY is for several months. We got an extra hour sleep, why are we still grumbling?
They are messing with our brains!
It's normal to feel off for a while, our bodies are reacting to the light coming in the window an hour earlier and to the sun setting sooner. Our circadian rhythm has been messed with! Scientists believe it takes a week or more to adjust. So what to do with early sunsets and the winter blues?
Local restaurants and bars in Tampa are offering fall inspired food and drinks now through Thanksgiving designed to delight! Here’s a list of places thankfully offering Delightfully Delicious Fall Inspired Happy Hour Drinks to Fall Back on in Tampa Bay and the 813!
James Joyce Pub @ 1724 E 8TH Avenue Tampa/ Ybor City
- Chase those Blues away with: Caramel Apple Shots!
- Known For: Hearty Irish fare & ice cold beer served late in a casual atmosphere, live music on weekends and their Craft Beer Club where you can earn a jersey that gets you to the front of the line on parade days! The Joyce won an award for their amazing Buffalo chicken sandwich at the Burger Showdown 2015 in the non-beef category! TUESDAY NIGHT: Karaoke with Nick @ 9 pm - THURSDAY NIGHT: Free Trivia with Rachel @ 7 pm SATURDAY NIGHT: Ladies night with free chocolate covered strawberries for the ladies all night and LATE NIGHT BREAKFAST served from 9 pm to 2 am Friday and Saturday Nights.
- Times: 11 am to 3 am 7 days
The Bungalow @ 2202 W. Kennedy Blvd. Tampa
- Chase those Blues away with: Rumchata Pumpkin Pie Martini with Pumpkin Spice Kahlua, RumChata and Cinna-Twist Vodka
- Known For: Brunch on Saturdays with a Do it Yourself Bloody Mary Bar! The Bungalow, constructed in 1919, is a Tampa landmark. The Bungalow has a full bar, more than a dozen flat screens and a kitchen featuring delicious Florida style cuisine. Happy Hours are from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m. Mon. – Thurs. with an all day Happy hour on Sundays if you bike it (two-wheeler pedal it yourself style) to the Bungalow.
- Time: Monday 11 am – 2 am ~ Tues. Weds. Thurs. 11 am – 10 pm ~ Friday 11 am - Until Close ~ Saturday 10 am - Until Close ~ Sunday 10 am – 4 pm
Yeoman's Cask & Lion Pub has Wilhelm Scream (and Magic Hat Open Mic Night on Tuesdays) @ 202 N. Morgan Street, Downtown Tampa
- Chase those Blues away with: Magic Hat Beer’s Wilhelm Scream. Ripe with fall flavor this tasty craft beer will have you screaming for more! Brewed with pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and caramel malts it finishes the way we finish summer, with a hint of bitterness. Malts: Pale, Victory, Caramel 80L, Caramel 120L ~ Hops: Apollo, Nugget Additions: Pumpkin, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Allspice
- Known For: Traditional British Fayre, especially Sticky Toffee Pudding from renowned pastry Chef Traci Fabyanic, Great Happy Hour Specials, 5 Days of Firkin Football and Magic Hat Night on Tuesdays
- Time: Open daily at 11:00 a.m.
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel @ 5223 Orient Rd, Tampa
- Chase those Blues away with: One of Seminole Hard Rock's exclusive Hard Rock Energy cocktails like the Rockin' Redhead, with Grand Marnier and Peach Scnapps.
- Known For: A trendy hotel with beautifully appointed rooms, suites, butler service, table games, slots and a poker room. Seven restaurants and a food court, two lounges and 4 bars offer regular live entertainment. There is also a spa and an outdoor pool with underwater speakers. When you step through the doors it feels like you have traveled far from home, the Seminole Hard Rock is always a dazzling experience!
- Time: It's 5 o'clock somewhere! Bars in the hotel open at 10 a.m. and close at 3:00 a.m.
Green Iguana - Ybor @ 1708 East 7th Ave. Tampa / Ybor City
- Chase those Blues away with: The Green Goblin. Keeping with their island style the Green Goblin is a wicked sweet, fruity Vodka drink with Peach Schnapps and Sour Apple liquor.
- Known for: Their Caribbean-inspired eats in a rustic, laid back tiki atmosphere, their reputation for staging the best live music 7 nights a week.and Wednesday Dollar Drink Night!
- Times: Open 7 Days 11 am-3 am Kitchen Hours Mon, Fri & Sat until 12 am ~ Tues, Wed, Thurs & Sun until 11 pm
Grille 54 Food- Spirits – Sushi – Winebar Citrus Park @ 11935 Sheldon Road, Tampa
- Chase those Blues away with: Pumpkin Spice Martini and a local brewery rotating tap to gratify everyone with a taste for fall!
- Known For: Exquisite sushi from Executive Sushi Chef Mark Varty and Executive Chef Robert Scaffedi’s recipes from his Grandmother, Maria, back in Italy. They have great specials including Happy Hours Mon – Fri from 4 -7, All you Can Eat Crab on Mondays, Bourbons and Brews on Tuesdays Wine’d up Wednesday’s, Weekend brunches,
- Time: BRUNCH Sat & Sun 10:30 am - 2:30 pm ~ DINNER Mon-Thurs 4 pm - 11 pm ~ Fri-Sat 4 pm to 12:30 am ~ Sun: 4 pm to 2 am
Datz @ 2616 South MacDill Avenue, Tampa
- Chase those Blues away with: a Pumpkin Pie Rye, a pumpkin infused Rittenhouse Rye Whisky, brown sugar, lemon bitters, cardamom bitters and Bols Pumpkin Pie Foam over ice in a brandy snifter.
- Known For: Datz is a wickedly delicious American Gastropub and foodie fiend hangout offering comfort food with a flair. They are a craft beer, bourbon and Bloody Mary lover’s paradise while also a specialty food market. Using artisanal liquors found nowhere else in Tampa; they also offer an eclectic cocktail menu and a seasonal food menu.
- Time: Mon – Thurs 7 am – 10 pm ~ Fri 7 am to 11 pm ~ Sat 8:30 am – 11 pm ~ Sun 8:30 am – 3 pm
The Patio @ 421 South MacDill Avenue, South Tampa
- Chase those Blues away with: an island inspired Coquito, Coco-Lopez and your favorite Spiced Rum or an ice cold bucket of your favorite brews.
- Known For: It's laid back atmosphere, cold drinks and the ability to order take out and have it brought to the bar they have nightly Special Event happy hours including Trivia night, Ladies Night, Pong Challenge Night, Red Stripe Night and more.
- Time: Open Monday - Sunday from 3 p.m. to 3 a.m. Click the Special Events link above for Happy Hour event times which vary.
Gaspar's Grotto @ 1805 E. 7th Avenue Ybor City, Tampa
- Chase those Blues away with: A cinnamon laced, fruit filled, Gaspar's Red or White Sangria
- Known For: Their house-made Sangria and Home of the $2.00 Shot and a Beer this pirate themed iconic Ybor bar serves an amazing full menu, with Brunch on Sundays. They have daily Happy Hour events, check the calendar for times.
- Time: Sunday - Saturday 11 a.m. to to 3 a.m. Click the Special Events calendar above for Happy Hour event times which vary.
Let us know your favorite place to Fall back and enjoy Happy Hour in the 813 and please, stay safe, have a designated driver, do not drink and drive!