This week more than 1,000 marketers will gather in Downtown Tampa for the 2019 Digital Summit marketing conference.
Digital Summit is a series of marketing conferences held around the country. Tampa is one of the major markets -- among New York, Los Angeles, and Boston -- hosting an event this year.
While the event is expected to attract professionals from around the country, it gives Tampa Bay locals an opportunity to learn right in their backyard. Hosted at the Tampa Convention Center, Digital Summit will bring more than 45+ sessions and workshops from leading brands -- like YouTube, Classpass, LinkedIn, Cisco, AARP, and more -- to Downtown Tampa.
Attendees can choose from three ticket levels depending on how much they want to learn.
All attendees get access to the keynote presentations, networking receptions, exhibitor showcase, and main conference which includes more than 35 sessions to choose from. Sessions cover topics ranging from data and analytics to branding and SEO to influencer marketing and social media and serve both B2B and B2C markets. The full schedule of sessions is now available on the Digital Summit website.
Three sessions that stand out are:
- Fyre Festival: 10 Marketing Lessons Your Business Can Leverage (by Brian Fanzo, iSocialFanz): Even if the Fyre Festival event was a disaster, the hype leading up to it was one of the most powerful marketing campaigns in recent history. Learn how they did it.
- Crisis Communications: How To Do It Right (by Tatiana Kuzmowycz, Class Pass): Once you learn how to create a buzz like Fyre Festival, learn how to handle a disaster like Fyre Festival in this session about managing a brand mishap or mistake.
- InstaBrain: The New Rules for Marketing to Gen Z (by Sarah Weise, Bixa): The rules of marketing are always changing. Make sure you're ready by learning how the next generation thinks and responds to marketing in this look at the minds of Gen Z.
And of course, the keynotes are also among the top content of the summit.
Scott Dikkers, the founder of The Onion, will deliver a keynote on Building a Brand with Outrageous Marketing, and Ben Tamblyn from Microsoft will be talking about Shaping Brand Perception Through Storytelling.
In addition to the main conference, attendees can upgrade to add-on a masterclass or workshop to get more in-depth content.
- Masterclasses are six-hour sessions that take place during the pre-event on Tuesday. Attendees can use these sessions to dive deep and come out with a complete understanding of one of two topics: influencer marketing or Facebook algorithm changes.
- Workshops present another opportunity to cultivate a richer understanding marketing principles or tactics. The four-hour sessions take place on Wednesday morning. Attendees can choose one of three topics on content marketing, email marketing, or SEO.
Whether attendees choose to go for the full immersive experience or the general conference sessions, they will all get an opportunity to mix, mingle, and learn from experts from national and local marketing, media, advertising, non-profit, consulting, and technology firms.
The Digital Summit, which is in its second year in Tampa, is just another example of how the area is attracting more innovative events and expos and becoming a place where innovators can learn, grow, and connect.
Digital Summit takes place September 10-12, 2019, at the Tampa Convention Center. Tickets are on sale now and will also be available for purchase on-site. Price increases at the door, so it's recommended to buy your ticket online to save.