The wait is over! The Tampa Bay Lightning return to Amalie Arena tonight for their season opener against the Philadelphia Flyers. Although it was a short off-season for the 2014-2015 Eastern Conference Champions, our friends at Amalie Arena have been busy making some big changes inside to improve the fan experience.
Over the summer, Amalie Arena underwent a $25 million renovation that includes upgraded luxury seating, touch screens to check stats and replays, and our favorite, new gourmet, local food options. On Monday, the Tampa Bay Lightning unveiled the new dining options available at Amalie Arena and we had a front row seat.
Here's our list of the top 8 Things To Know About The New Tampa Bay Lightning Gourmet Food Options at Amalie Arena:
1. Poutine Me Please - Smoke’s Poutinerie: Although this is a traditional Canadian dish, it's been the talk of the town in Tampa, for good reason. Who can say no to crisp fries topped with plump, tender Quebec cheese curds and house-made hot brown gravy, eh? Run to Section 306 for a little, or a lot, of this.
2. Mac & Cheese Conewich - Cone Mac & Cheese: a handy way to enjoy one of our favorite comfort foods, extra cheesy mac stuffed inside a savory, crusty cone, garnished with glorious bacon. Simple Perfection. Grab a cone or two on the 100 and 300 levels.
3. Deviled Crab Toast - Mise En Place: For a taste of something "quintessentially Tampa", you can't go wrong with Mise en Places' Deviled Crab Toast: a hefty portion of made to order deviled crab resting on a piece of toasted cuban bread, topped with a spicy Old Bay aioli. The Expected flavors we love in a new unexpected way that works. Mise en Place will also offer an array of made-to-order Flatbreads including a Mushroom with Kale Pesto Sauce and a Chopped Caprese Arugula Salad at their new Club Level Wine Bar in section 208.
4. Tots & Boxty Bar - Irish 31: local favorite Irish 31 will feature a Tots & Boxty Bar with their signature loaded tater tots and bite sized boxties on the 200 level. And if you're looking for that sports bar experience inside the arena, check out the Amalie Irish 31 in section 216. The sports bar we know and love along with food offerings from the carvery in section 217 including their signature freshly sliced Rueben sandwich.
5. Cask and Barrel Bar and Bay Club Slider Station: for an upscale drinking experience, don't miss the new Cask and Barrel Bar on the club level in section 210. Choose your favorite bourbon to pair with an inventive Bay Club Slider. We loved the Chicken Florentine and the Crispy Bacon Ranch Sliders!
6. Ford's Garage: Brandon's new neighborhood burger and beer joint will be serving up their gourmet burgers, fries and hot dogs in sections 109 and 301.
7. PDQ will add an additional location serving its' fresh hand-battered chicken tenders and chicken sandwiches at a concession stand near section 316.
8. Just give me some stadium food! Fancy food not your fit? Don't worry! Seven renovated concession stands will feature classic stadium fair including burgers and hot dogs.
No matter where you choose to dine at Amalie, Let's Go Lightning!