The Women's Conference of Florida 2017 is coming to Tampa and is expected to sell-out, attracting more than 1,000 women from the bay area and beyond. Here are 5 Things You Need to know about this prestigious event as our state's most accomplished women gather for this one-and-a-half day event to expose topics of interest to professional women.
Taking place Oct. 26-27 at the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina, this professional women’s event will bring panel and roundtable discussions, exhibits, and an array of inspirational speakers to Downtown Tampa.
1. It’s taking place at the Tampa Marriot Waterside Hotel in the heart of Downtown Tampa.
Out of hundreds of cities and thousands of venues to choose from in Florida, WCOFFL organizers picked the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina to call home this year. We might be a tad biased, but that choice speaks volumes. In the heart of the city and on the waterfront the venue is well placed, offering conference attendees easy access to the city and all Tampa has to offer.
Tampa Marriott Waterside plays neighbor to everything from famed restaurants and upscale bars to breathtaking views overlooking the bay, multiple museums, and attractions like the Florida Aquarium, Amalie Arena (home of the Tampa Bay Lightning) and the new Tampa Riverwalk —all within walking distance.
Not to mention the first-class accommodations and modern amenities the Tampa Marriott Waterside offers including on-site restaurants, a rejuvenating spa, state-of-the-art fitness center, a refreshing rooftop pool, and so much more.
Related Content: Tampa Marriott a Waterside Gem and Friendly Neighbor
2. This will sell out, tickets are limited.
Last year's inaugural conference, which focused on timely and relevant issues of importance to women in the state sold out. Will you be one of the 1000 tickets sold this year? From entrepreneurship and leadership to relationships, personal finances, pay equity and more, the Women's Conference of Florida in Tampa will touch on the most important issues facing women in Florida.
3. The keynote speakers are outstanding.
The 2017 Women’s Conference of Florida will host an array of speakers, headlined by Lori Greiner, the prolific entrepreneur, best-selling author, and longtime investor on ABC’s hit TV show “Shark Tank.” And, Greiner is just the tip of the iceberg. Featured speakers throughout the day-and-a-half conference include:
- Lori Greiner - Shark Tank star, entrepreneur and best selling author, investor
- Samantha Harris - Emmy-winning TV show host of series like “Dancing with the Stars” and “Entertainment Tonight,” health/fitness advocate, and breast cancer survivor
- Jean Chatzky – Financial Editor for the "Today Show" on NBC
- Lori Mackenzie - Executive Director of the Clayman Institute for Gender Research at Stanford University
- Nely Galán - producer, author, and former President of Entertainment for Telemundo
- Tiffany Dufu - Chief Leadership Officer at Levo, and Launch Team member of Sheryl Sandberg's Lean In Network
- Jan Babiak - Independent Director for Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc. and independent member of the board of Bank of Montréal
4. It’s an opportunity to meet like-minded accomplished women and network.
Whether you’re a corporate executive, emerging entrepreneur, or completely new at your very first job, the Women’s Conference of Florida gives you the chance to meet with like-minded peers and potential mentors at numerous social events scheduled throughout the conference. Network with peers during planned social events throughout the conference where you can gain insight from some of our nation's most accomplished women and address timely and relevant issues impacting women, both at work and at home today.
5. It’s much more than a “conference”.
The conference kicks off at 7 a.m. on Thursday, Oct. 26 bringing keynote speeches, breakout sessions and social events with breakout sessions and a closing keynote from Grenier Friday. Panels and breakout sessions include a “Fireside Chat with Jean Chatzky”, “Empower Panel: Disrupting the Status Quo – Florida Women Leading in Male-Dominated Industries" and much more.
Click the link to register for the Women's Conference of Florida 2017 and to learn more about the unparalleled event taking place at the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina. Don't miss this huge opportunity! Register today to secure your spot among the one thousand!