The 2018 NHL All-Star Game is coming to Amalie Arena next Sunday, January 28th, and with it come plenty of live events and family fun! If you're into hockey, live music, or you're just looking to keep the party going after Gasparilla, there's plenty for you to do during the 63rd NHL All-Star Weekend in Tampa. It hasn't always been easy getting details from the NHL about everything happening next weekend... but as the game inches closer, we're learning more and more.
The 2018 NHL All-Star Pre Game will be in the Amalie Arena Silver Parking Lot and across Old Water Street to the Cotanchobee Fort Brooke Park. This free, family-friendly event will be open Friday, January 26th from 5-10 p.m., Saturday, January 27th from noon-11 p.m., and Sunday, January 28th from noon until the All-Star Game starts at 3:30 p.m.
The Pre Game allows fans to get up close and personal with former and current NHL All-Stars, meet your favorite NHL mascot (mine is Thunderbug, of course), test your stickhandling and shooting skills in the NHL All-Star Skills Zone, and take pictures with some of the NHL's trophies, including the legendary Stanley Cup. (Of course if you can't see the Cup next weekend, just wait until the Tampa Bay Lightning's celebration parade in mid-June.)
Here are all the other events happening in downtown Tampa during the NHL All-Star weekend:
- Friday, January 26th, 8 p.m. -- Enterprise NHL All-Star Friday Night concert with Fitz and the Tantrums at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park in downtown Tampa. The concert is free to the public, and no ticket will be required for entry.
- Friday, January 26th, 8 p.m. -- NHL All-Star Mascots Dodgeball Competition (best of five) at the NHL All-Star Pre Game, Amalie Arena silver parking lot
- Saturday, January 27th, 2 p.m. -- NHL All-Star Mascots relay races at the NHL All-Star Pre Game, Amalie Arena silver parking lot
- Saturday, January 27th, 5 p.m. -- NHL All-Star Mascots dance competition at the NHL All-Star Pre Game, Amalie Arena silver parking lot
- Saturday, January 27th, 7 p.m. -- NHL All-Star Skills Competition at Amalie Arena. In-game concert by Flo Rida. You need a ticket to enter the arena, or you can watch live on NBC Sports Network
- Sunday, January 28th, 12:30 p.m. -- NHL All-Star Mascots bean bag toss at the NHL All-Star Pre Game, Amalie Arena silver parking lot
- Sunday, January 28th, 1 p.m. -- All-Star Red Carpet at Amalie Arena. Meet and greet the NHL's brightest stars and coolest celebrities as they walk the Red Carpet before the NHL All-Star Game at Amalie Arena.
- Sunday, January 28th, 2 p.m. -- NHL All-Star Mascots all-star game at Amalie Arena. If you don't have a game ticket, you can stream it live on NHL.com.
- Sunday, January 28th, 3:30 p.m. -- 2018 Honda NHL All-Star Game at Amalie Arena. The NHL All-Stars are divided into four divisional teams, and paired up for 20 minute, 3-on-3 mini games. The two winning teams meet in the third period to decide the winner. Lightning captain Steven Stamkos heads up the Atlantic Division team, and he's joined by fellow Lightning All-Stars Nikita Kucherov, Andrey Vasilevskiy, and Victor Hedman (who is unfortunately injured and won't get to play). Between-period entertainment will be provided by Kid Rock. The game will be broadcast on NBC if you aren't able to attend.
For Tampa’s best parties and events during Gasparilla, NHL All-Star Weekend and every weekend in 2018, plus all the best places to eat and drink in Tampa, register with 813area.We'll send you updates to your mobile device... and it’s free!
Picture courtesy of PXHere.com.